Recent content by Kiba

1. Kiba

Shenmue: Reclaiming the Path

Are you freakin kiddin me? Holy brilliant genius inspired quality spinoff, Batman.
  2. Kiba

Dojo Investments ( I'm not financial advisor just sharing opinion)

Fascinating. But I don't think Kuwait and Georgia are stable within a 20 year timeframe.
  3. Kiba

Japanese Amazon

Sup, fellas. Kiba here. As some of the older humans here know, I've suffered from congenital stupidity for most of my life. Every now and then I like to share "discoveries" I've made that almost certainly everybody else already figured out a long time ago. My new world for today is that someone...
  4. Kiba

Shenmue World Issue 2 Kickstarter!

Today when I woke up, as soon as I opened my eyes, I said out loud, "I really need Shenmue World Issue the Third in order to achieve enlightenment." I believe this was a transmission from the Pure Land. No pressure, but my eternal salvation is in your hands.
  5. Kiba

What TV shows are you watching?

I started The 100. Epic. Cool world. I'm a few seasons in, still some excellent plotting.
  6. Kiba

What are you reading?

I read Dream of the Red Chamber in East Asian Lit class. It's very metaphysical, I guess. Not an adventure like Journey to the West. It's the slow indie foreign film of the Chinese classics. Probably a good call ^.
  7. Kiba

Dissecting SEGA's Shenmue Patent: Magic Weather & Magic Rooms

I love this. Thanks for posting. ^ Agree with you guys. Hong Kong only has heat, rain, and more rain. It would've been cool to leverage that by pushing the outer maximum timeframe past April, then work in a terminal monsoon in May. But by the time the devs got to Shenmue 2, Sega was fading fast...
  8. Kiba

Shenduck

Alright, Iwao. I kept friends, those I love, close to me. This is the result. One of the most thoughful Xmas presents ever. "I will have my revenge!"
  9. Kiba

Random Thoughts

^^ Geez, Batsignal. Gorgeous bike!
  10. Kiba

Yuji Naka's Arrest

11. Kiba

Christmas 2022

A very merry Xmas to the best community on the net. Love you guys. We'll get Ryo to the finish line. 🎅 :coffee:
  12. Kiba

Manga recommendations for 11-year-old?

Hard to say because I've read so much without vetting for children. Depends on the 11 year old too. I'd probably recommend the original Leji Matsumoto's Space Battleship Yamato: The Classic Collection English reprint. It's on Amazon. In my opinion, it's a wonderful adventure with universal...
  13. Kiba

What Movie Are You Watching?

On Netflix there's a fun indie Japanese scifi film -- naturally with Shenmue vibes -- Beyond the Infinite Two Minutes.
  14. Kiba

Did Iwao let Lan Di kill him?

Excellent discussion. Ever since we learned Iwao trained in Bailu Village with Lan Di's father, I felt strongly there is no way he would've lost in two moves to Lan Di. I think he felt responsible for Sunming Zhao's death, whatever the circumstances, that they were like brothers, and he refused...
  15. Kiba

Season 2 officially cancelled (for now)

It's alright, guys. Somebody else will publish season 2. Adult Swim mismanaged it from the beginning. Maybe now we'll see the English dub on Crunchyroll, and maybe the fans can Kickstart season 2 for another publisher. Easy. We've faced bigger challenges as a community than this. The anime was a...
Back