Recent content by Kintor

1. Kintor

Season 2 officially cancelled (for now)

Absolutely heartbreaking news. Almost didn't want to post here today. I'd rather be celebrating good news then a cancellation but here we are. Now I can only hope that the anime does get a phyical release. As much I appreciate the convenience of streaming services they've proven to be a real...
  2. Kintor

SHENMUE II APRIL 11TH, 2001 PROTOTYPE SOLD ON YAHOO AUCTION

Not going to lie, seeing this Dreamcast-era model of Yu Suzuki made my day. Both surreal and hilarious at the same time. Yet at the same time it somehow feels completely natural. Yu Suzuki poured his heart and soul into Shenmue, it's only fitting that he would somehow 21 years later manifest...
  3. Kintor

SPOILERS - SHENMUE THE ANIMATION EPISODE 13 "SHENMUE" THREAD

Still, promising news to learn that Shenmue has done well according to Toonami's and Crunchyroll's internal metrics. Not impossible for a season 2. So here's hoping!
  4. Kintor

SPOILERS - SHENMUE THE ANIMATION EPISODE 13 "SHENMUE" THREAD

So much that I want to say yet I think I'm going to need to time to decompress and gather my thoughts. The final fights were good, excellent choreography and animation. The real triumph here of this episode is going to be the sense of closure. Devoting so much time to the good byes in Hong Kong...
  5. Kintor

SPOILERS - Shenmue The Animation Episode 12 "Guidepost" thread

A natural enough conclusion to Joy's arc. Seems the new backstory was to justify how she ended up in the Yellow Head building. Likewise with Wong, some new found motivation to better himself to explain why he's risking his life and again how he ended up in the Yellow Head building for the final...
  6. Kintor

SPOILERS - Shenmue The Animation Episode 11 "Entangled" thread

Interesting, that pretty much confirms Joy's connection to the White Tai and by extension the Yellow Heads. I admit this kind of depth and character development from Joy is just about the last thing I expected from the anime but I'm glad to see. All the extra care and attention to the supporting...
  7. Kintor

SPOILERS SHENMUE THE ANIMATION EPISODE 10 "Comeback" THREAD

Of the two I'd still say that the game depiction is still the better version of Kowloon if only because it provided a much better sense of scale. I'm not asking for much just an establishing shot that looks like this: If I saw a reconstruction of this Kowloon aerial photo with an anime style...
  8. Kintor

SPOILERS SHENMUE THE ANIMATION EPISODE 10 "Comeback" THREAD

Well, we did get to see Kowloon but in a much reduced capacity. Honestly, the establishing shots of Kowloon were pretty weak in my opinion. Especially compared to Kowloon's introduction in Shenmue 2. Hard to get a sense of scale and the unique hyper-urban sprawl that defined Kowloon at its...
  9. Kintor

SPOILERS Shenmue The Animation Episode 9 "Distinct" Thread

I was wondering about that myself. The scene was so short, hard to tell if it was the same location, but I think you're right. That was definitely Ren's hideout, in Hong Kong instead of Kowloon. Which could well suggest that Kowloon is being skipped and those story elements being rewritten to...
  10. Kintor

SPOILERS Shenmue The Animation Episode 9 "Distinct" Thread

Good calling on the part of the writers combining both Ren's introduction with the final Wude. Helps break up the intentional tedium of having to wait until the next day at the Barbershop if you (or in this case anime Ryo) fail the QTE on the first try. Besides, I still like how the anime hinted...
  11. Kintor

SPOILERS Shenmue The Animation Episode 8 "Aspiration" Thread

The real strength of the anime continues to be its supporting characters. Contrary to what the previews might indicated it's not Eileen who gets the most character development. Or even Izum for that matter, although I'm pleased she appears at all. No, the real winner this time is clearly...
  12. Kintor

SPOILERS SHENMUE THE ANIMATION EPISODE 7 "Future" THREAD

Let me just say - fuck daylight savings time. Internationally you get used to something happening at a certain time and then they change it up and go an hour earlier! Ah well, at least the start time should be locked in now for the the rest of the season. Anyway, really enjoyed this episode. I...
  13. Kintor

SPOILERS Shenmue The Animation Episode 6 "Dignified" Thread

Yeah, a lot these moments are basically shot for shot remakes of Shenmue 2 cutscenes. Not too bad for a 20 year old Dreamcast game. Shenmue really was ahead of its time.
  14. Kintor

SPOILERS Shenmue The Animation Episode 6 "Dignified" Thread

A shame the anime didn't expand upon the boat travel but that's neither here nor there. With only 13 episodes the time constraints are a good excuse to avoid that moment. As much as die hard Shenmue fans like us would enjoy the elaboration, wasting time on that boat would be self-indulgent at...
  15. Kintor

Shenmue The Animation Episode 5: Equal SPOILERS thread

Definitely a huge pay-off with all the time spent developing the supporting characters around Yokosuka. I admit that I never expecting them all to go and rescue Nozomi by themselves, with Mark driving the forklift! Absolutely thrilled by this new twist on the Shenmue story. We also got plenty...
Back