Recent content by Lan Di-sama

1. Lan Di-sama

Rebuild of Shenmue 3

Basic translation fixes. Add in a few pieces of dialogue to make the ending if Shenmue 2 remotely relevant i.e. ask Shenhuas dad why the hell he made giant stone replicas of the mirrors for no reason. The fade to black weirdness in the cut scenes. Introduce NiaoSun by name or make the whole...
  2. Lan Di-sama

Was the Scope of Shenmue 3 too Big?

I expected a good story and an okay game. Got an okay game and a bad story. I should have realized that the cut scenes may not have been as cinematic and ambitious as 2, but never would have expected the story to be as poorly written as it was. The game could have been better with some very...
  3. Lan Di-sama

Futurama

I liked last week's episode more than today's,which didn't have my interest the entire time. But I haven't seen all of the last batch of revival episodes or the 4 TV movies, so I've just been jumping around the series all over and revisiting original episodes and exploring the first revival...
  4. Lan Di-sama

Ryo's Journey is only at 40%

Shenmue 3 moved the dial from 35% to 40% at most. If they had to make major cuts (Baisha) they should have worked more story in another way. YS thought we missed more forklifts more. Bad mistake imo.
  5. Lan Di-sama

Recent Gaming Purchases

The start of Tears of the Kingdom gave me major Ryo/Shenhua stone pit vibes. Probably coincidence but would be cool if some of the developers realized it could be taken as a little homage to the end of Shenmue 2.
  6. Lan Di-sama

Shenmue 4 Rumour on 4Chan

7. Lan Di-sama

Shenhua's Home Renovations - What Changed in Shenmue III

I actually took the removal of those two tapestries as a major blow to whatever story S2 disc 4 hinted at, and I'm still a little bitter to this day about it.
  8. Lan Di-sama

Sonic the Hedgehog thread

I am enjoying Frontiers much more than I thought I would. Very addictive game play, similar to Mario Odyssey or Breath of the Wild that you can easily wander into the next task or challenge making it hard to put down. I think the revamped game play does to the Sonic series what those two games...
  9. Lan Di-sama

What are you playing?

I don't play much during the summer but turned my Switch on last night. Picked up where I left off in Kirby and the Forgotten Land land also downloaded Sonic Origins and started Sonic CD, which is the one I've never played. Love the psychedelic vibes its levels put off, and Kirby is just beyond...
  10. Lan Di-sama

110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

Oh boy. Wonder if Apple decided suddenly on the Air Twister release date and ended up derailing a potential 110 announcement.
  11. Lan Di-sama

We have a brand new MOBILE arcade game, which is incredibly niche. I don't blame game journalists one bit for asking about Shenmue. That's what Yu is known for and what fans are interested in. Just like Yu has every right to refuse to comment on it, gaming outlets have every right to ask. It's...
  12. Lan Di-sama

NEW YU SUZUKI GAME "AIR TWISTER" ANNOUNCED FOR APPLE ARCADE

Well, the game is basically done if it's coming out in a few weeks, and it's nice to get a confirmation that YSNet exists and was active and will have an open schedule soon, and I haven't completely discounted 110 after their teasing, but...this doesn't excite me. Looks kinda cheap. I've never...
  13. Lan Di-sama

How many weeks has it been since the tease about a big announce in a couple weeks?
  14. Lan Di-sama

im sure this has been shared but hard to keep up with this thread. 110 Instagram says June 10th is for a new Wanted trailer.
  15. Lan Di-sama

110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

I'm in the middle here. Those articles about "No concrete plans" may be a misquote but Yu Suzuki did say "if I get a chance to make 4 or a spinoff, I will" or something similar - this is NOT encouraging to anyone hoping 110 is sitting on an imminent Shenmue 4 announcement and you're wearing...
Back