Recent content by marcrollins89

1. marcrollins89

Catfish Rally?

UPDATE: Just in case anyone else has issues unlocking this request I just wanted to mention that, for me, it unlocked the second time I went to the Hermit's Nest; when Ryo decides he needs to find martial arts experts because he can't beat the thug leader.
  2. marcrollins89

Why some are disappointed Chai fights are QTEs ?

People made a lot of good points but I think some are upset there wasn't a proper fight because they spent the better part of almost 2 decades playing the first game and striving to beat Chai in the arcade, so a proper Chai fight in S3 would be cathartic. I don't mind that it's QTE only. Chai...
  3. marcrollins89

At What Point Does Ryo.. Evolve?

I've definitely seen a lot of growth in Ryo. I don't have any trouble with any of the games. But maybe it depends on how you play and if you miss extra scenes. Like, a good example is Shenmue 3. He's becoming frustrated because of his hunt for revenge, as Xuiying warned him, and now he's mad...
  4. marcrollins89

The tone of Shenmue III compared to the other games

The direct interactions with silliness aren't too bothersome; it seems more modern anime style. I don't even like anime, but it didn't bother me. It seemed more like inside jokes and fan service, and after almost 20 years I can understand why they wanted to take that approach. Like having...
  5. marcrollins89

Catfish Rally?

Ugh. It sucks because I actually did all Bailu subquests before but I can't remember the sequence. I'm on NGx10 but I cant get this request to activate. And I keep checking between all main quests and all requests to make sure I don't miss it. Thanks for the help. If anyone has something more...
  6. marcrollins89

Catfish Rally?

I searched all over the forum and couldn't find any information on this; so I'm sorry if this is a re-post. I've been having a hard time activating the Catfish Rally request. I've read the guide for requests on this site, and 3 other sites, and all say different events activate the request. I...
Back