Recent content by Master Mo

1. Master Mo

Would Shenmue have more success on the Saturn?

I don`t think so. I personally don`t believe software sells hardware as much as people think it does. And since the sales figures of the Saturn and Dreamcast are quite similar it wouldn`t have made much of a difference in my estimate. I mean Mario Kart 8 sold 8 mio on WiiU and essentially the...
  2. Master Mo

Rate the Shenmue trilogy

Shenmue I - 9.5/10 Shenmue II - 10/10 Shenmue III - 6.5/10 Shenmue I & II are certified classics to me. I just prefer SII a little bit more. Shenmue III is a bit complicated. I do like the gameplay and how it got modernized and adapted into the modern times. The fighting-system is also not a...
  3. Master Mo

SHENMUE II APRIL 11TH, 2001 PROTOTYPE SOLD ON YAHOO AUCTION

LanDC is definitely one of the GOATS of the community! Amazing stuff and over all this beta is a real treasure trove. I had so much fun rewatching Matt and James` stream on it and I cannot wait to play it myself. So much stuff is already pointed out but one thing they massively improved is...
  4. Master Mo

Shenmue III Complete collectors edition

Honestly, I didn`t realise that the paint is a bit off. It wouldn`t be a big deal to me if the black residue wasn`t there. I`m really curious how LRG will handle this issue. I`ll definitely update this thread however it will get resolved.
  5. Master Mo

No, it`s seems to be something a bit more gluey that is now hard and sticks out. I had a hard time taking good pictures of it because it`s so small so I had my brother do some for me, which turned out a bit more detailed. I did contact LRG though but it`s going to take time to receive a responds.
  6. Master Mo

I got mine yesterday and it's really awesome. I have one issue with mine though: The sword has some kind of dirt on it. I tried to carefully dry clean it with a cloth I use for my glasses but it didn't work. On one side it's very dirty and on the other it's fine. I'm pretty sad about it because...
  7. Master Mo

SPOILERS - SHENMUE THE ANIMATION EPISODE 13 "SHENMUE" THREAD

I heavily disagree. I see it as the other way around. His reaction with a very dry "I see" in the anime was waaaaaay too muted for that kind of realisation! Because Ryo knew about the accusation of murder, but at least in the game it wasn`t an option for him that his father did what he was...
  8. Master Mo

SPOILERS - SHENMUE THE ANIMATION EPISODE 13 "SHENMUE" THREAD

Very bad episode. Absolutely the worst unfortunately. I actually don`t mind Lan Di coming down but it`s essentially the scene from Shenmue III. So if they ever do an anime of Shenmue III they would need to change the castle encounter with Lan Di. The animation on the Shenmue III kick was...
  9. Master Mo

SPOILERS - Shenmue The Animation Episode 12 "Guidepost" thread

Pretty bad episode, possible among the worst unfortunately. I really think just like the Ghost Hall Building, they didn't manage to capture the weird atmosphere of the yellow head building at all. To me it is essential that it starts out weird, is run down in the middle and at the top, where it...
  10. Master Mo

SPOILERS - Shenmue The Animation Episode 11 "Entangled" thread

I disagree. A character that is hiding a dark past under a somewhat believable bubbly personal that is shed very quickly upon a obvious realisation on the same token could be categorized as highly caricatured as well... As I said I like what they are showing off of her backstory and as we all...
  11. Master Mo

SPOILERS - Shenmue The Animation Episode 11 "Entangled" thread

This was a pretty good episode. The pacing is still not to my liking, nor will it ever be. But some off the cuts make sense to me, like cutting out the second chawan sign quest or doing just one of the three big street fights, even though I agree, I`d rather they did a quick montage of all three...
  12. Master Mo

SPOILERS SHENMUE THE ANIMATION EPISODE 10 "Comeback" THREAD

Even though I don't enjoy the anime like others here I always watch the watchalong and the Dojo Show review on Youtube, simply because I like seeing James and Matt enjoy and discuss it. Now it was very funny to me when James said in the comment section of the Dojo Show, that negative comments...
  13. Master Mo

Post Your Shenmue Collection

This is not directly related to Shenmue but I saw these in an antique store and they kinda reminded me of the keys used at Five Stars Corp. They are rather small though (approximately 9 cm) so they are definitely not keys lol. I think they are for food or something but they were 2€ a piece so I...
  14. Master Mo

SPOILERS Shenmue The Animation Episode 9 "Distinct" Thread

This episode was kinda ok. Action-wise they did a pretty good job with the Ren chase scene. Now the qte-scene with Juan in the market was quite underwhelming. Obviously some stuff has to be scaled back for the anime but one of my favourite cutscenes from the games is the boat scene with Wong...
  15. Master Mo

SPOILERS Shenmue The Animation Episode 8 "Aspiration" Thread

I think rearranging the wude hunt was a bad idea and the consequence of that is the whole plot got a bit convoluted for one, and two, some of the motivations don`t make much sense to me. Like when Hanhui is talking to Ryo about gathering wude but that actually never happened. The wude where...
Back