Recent content by Matthew

1. M

Shenmue HD reviews and discussion

No worries. The game has had a bumpy start technically but it'll get smoothed out in time.
  2. M

Physical copies for non-backers

Hopefully we'll see a steel book release at retail. Deep Silver have done this with the likes of Yakuza Kiwami & Persona 5 and I see no reason why they won't do something equally as limited again.
  3. M

The game like any game released in this day and age is a work in progress. The more serious bugs will end up fixed in time while some minor ones probably never will.
  4. M

Is this normal?

Judging by the second picture it looks like your laptop needs taking to an exorcist or something. Ine-san looks like a Demon ha.
  5. M

Amazon Shipping Delay

I think it's because they take too many pre orders on games and sometimes don't have enough stock to cover. I had issues with them in the past with some niche titles like Danganronpa V3. I had preordered this almost the moment it went up to buy but they kept me waiting like two months before...
  6. M

Dreamcast thread

I was a huge fan of the Sakura Taisen series on the Dreamcast, even going as far as to pick up a new Sakura Taisen branded console and the various editions of the games from Japan.
  7. M

Amazon Shipping Delay

That happened to me once before when buying a 4K movie from Amazon. Contact their customer service and get a replacement sent ASAP. To amazons credit they've only ever got something to me damaged a few times in many years of using.
  8. M

Sparring with Fuk-San

That's a really unfortunate typo in the thread title. His name is Fuku-san lol.
  9. M

Metacritic: we should score Shenmue 1 & 2 HD in the User Critics on release day.

Good job to those who have taken the time to review the game on metacritic. Hopefully more people do so as the days go on. I noticed there are several negative user scores but no review attached to them, I assume you can rate the game anonymously?
  10. M

He clearly hasn't played the originals judging by the "If Shenmue 1 & 2 are still great games" part. Anyone who has played the Dreamcast games would never say that, we all know these are fantastic games, it's never in question.
  11. M

Nostalgic train - anyone playing this?

Agreed. If anything we need more games like this, even if nothing happens, you just soak up the atmosphere.
  12. M

Expected that no one is assigning scores of 10/10, but these don't seem like bad reviews. If anything they will likely prompt casuals to check the game out. Metro is the first newspaper review posted here I believe.
  13. M

Japanese Music

The more hardcore fans of idol groups in Japan end up buying dozens, 100s, of the same CDs just for the tickets for things like events, voting, handshake events, among other things. AKB48 fans have some crazy support with deep pockets. They do produce some decent music admitedly.
  14. M

That's the first newspaper review for the game I believe. They have quite a high circulation in the UK so this may get some coverage.
  15. M

Who DIDN'T get it early?

Well at least you can rest easy knowing that you've contributed to the future of Shenmue on consoles. Every sale helps.
Back