Recent content by McFace

1. McFace

Shenmue III cel-shading filter? (Request)

@Ren - Thanks man. I made a few adjustments to the green saturation, etc.. There are 2 new presets attached (along with the shader files themselves). Give them a try and see what you think. Screenshots below including some comparison shots. Also, with the CEL.fx shader...
  2. McFace

Found some time to play with this a bit more and appear to have gotten slightly better results. This still isn't a proper cel shader but is about as close as I can get with only using Reshade. One thing to note about the latest presets I've included below is that the ones that start with 'CEL'...
  3. McFace

Thanks. Yea its definitely not a proper cel shader and was more or less just tinkering with Reshade/post processing until I had a close approximation. Esppiral's SH2 stuff however is beautiful. I have a feeling a true implementation of cel shading will have to be done through the engine...
  4. McFace

Here is one more preset that makes the brightness and colors a bit more blown out similar to Borderlands
  5. McFace

I've attached a few different presets I've been messing with so you can go through the different ones to see which one you like best. I've also included the different shaders used just to make it easier, especially since one of them ('Outline') is not included with the default Reshade build...
  6. McFace

Xanatus is exactly right. Unfortunately the trees, grass and other textures just have too many polygons/too detailed to do some of these shaders justice (at the moment). Along with that is the issue of the GUI and subtitles since Reshade runs on top of it. There may be a way to 'detexture'...
  7. McFace

This is not exactly cel-shading, but here are shots I've taken while playing with some of the various Reshade options. Creating a cel-shaded effect likely can be done but will definitely require a lot of tinkering until you get the right balance. View the full size images to get the full effect...
  8. McFace

Shenmue 3 custom ini kit (pc)

I've been messing with this for the last couple days and it's a really interesting ini/pak editor that Drogean created. I would need to read up more on the Unreal Engine to understand the command and script workflow better and how everything ties together but it essentially allows for fine...
  9. McFace

Who actually likes shenmue 3?

Man, after putting in about 60-70 hours, I can honestly say I effing loved this game. I wanted to keep doing side quests and soak in all the detail just so it wouldn't end and there is still so much I still haven't done or seen. I enjoyed it to the point that when it ended I immediately logged...
  10. McFace

New Shenmue III game update

Was just about to post this. PC shows version 1.02.01 and build 2805. Haven't been able to find any patch notes yet though.
  11. McFace

Wich games have been remotely able to surprise you as Shenmue did?

Burn:Cycle Rez Original PC Doom
  12. McFace

Which of the games do you prefer and why?

For me, the first one has a slight advantage simply due to how personal it is in dealing with 'family life' and a daily routine. That and the music. As funny as it sounds, out of all the great tracks on the album the one that does it for me to this day is "Christmas on Dobuita Street".
Back