Recent content by MGFanJay

1. MGFanJay

Shenmue 3 Sales

It's a good move in the short term and doesn't really have any long-term effect. It's a very short-term sale, although it does hurt some of the die-hards who backed it at high levels to get it made only to see anyone be able to get it for nearly half-off within a week of release.
  2. MGFanJay

Things you’d like Yu to fix in Director’s Cut

The QTE timing is the biggest issue I have with the game so far - but it's something that has at least led to me busting out a pen and paper again. At least during giant sequences, there are checkpoints built in to help out.
  3. MGFanJay

Shenmue 3 Sales

Any time you see an item on sale, it's due to the manufacturer/publisher in this case deciding that they will sell an item for that price - retaiilers get the difference back from the manufacturer and publishers get an uptick in sales. With the sale being done right after launch, DS has a chance...
  4. MGFanJay

Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Niaowu is better than Wan Chai when it comes to getting across a high-end area - but Wan Chai looked more rundown and lived in.
  5. MGFanJay

Where can I buy Steelbook? (BESTBUY Poor Customer Service)

I work at Best Buy and there have been issues with the steelbook since day one. They were free with all site orders, but the in-store POS system is different and didn't ring the steelbook out as free when you bought the game. I contacted our internal helpdesk and was told to just do an override...
  6. MGFanJay

Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Ditto - the world itself seems so much more alive in III than in II. The sense of exploration that I had in the first not only upon release, but also upon replaying it with the HD collection was back in full force with this entry.
Back