Recent content by MJC The Great

1. MJC The Great

The Legend of Akira Scripts: Two Pages Translated

This was fascinating to read, I would so love to have the entire story translated and high quality individual photos of the concept art cards. Many thanks for your time and effort. A spark in the community! :D
  2. MJC The Great

Updated Chi You Men Leaders Photo

Very interesting. It felt quite a special experience when I played it and to be honest, I was kind of moved by the ending. Thanks for sharing!
  3. MJC The Great

Apologies, this is off-topic. I didn’t think anyone remembered that game other than me! Although I started it back in the day, I only just played right the way through it within the last 12 months, good game and an interesting story.
  4. MJC The Great

I know it sounds funny but I wouldn't actually mind it if master Baihu did turn out to be one of the four leaders of the Chi You Men. His name is literally perfect for the role and his appearance is so ornate and unusual plus his use of the Tiger Swallow style. Some might be disappointed that we...
  5. MJC The Great

Kickstarter is the only way

Absolutely, I would love to see the Virtua Fighter engine implemented. It also feels very fitting given its shared history with Shenmue.
  6. MJC The Great

Shenmue Story (Chapter Cards)

Just some random thoughts but I believe the final story arc will deal with Shenhua's connection to the Qing dynasty with the mirrors being used to open a gateway between present and the past. A huge battle would take place with hoards of Chi You Men initiates and/or ancient warriors of the Qing...
  7. MJC The Great

Kickstarter is the only way

I wish someone like Jeff Bezos (net worth $196.6 billion) or Elon Musk ($74.2 billion) were huge fans of the series and would put up the funding to finish the series. A cool $10m per game should do I think. Back to reality I guess but we can at least dream! :sleep:
  8. MJC The Great

What Shenmue 3 Universe would you rather be in?

This is a very important point. When I backed the project I believed some of those original team members would be in for the duration of the project. I’m disappointed that they weren’t and I believe the game suffered as a result.
  9. MJC The Great

What Shenmue 3 Universe would you rather be in?

I wish the rest of the series had been produced in its entirety during the early to mid 2000s by the same team of people. Whilst I appreciate the benefits of modern technology and what it allows for modern games, I feel the pacing and consistency of the series would have been much better and...
  10. MJC The Great

General Impressions

I'll have to check it out, I just assumed those would be the same as the end-game credits. I should be listed as Matthew J Clark or something similar :D
  11. MJC The Great

General Impressions

Sorry to be ignorant but where can I find those credits please? I completed the game, watched credits roll and didn't see very many backer names. Thanks in advance.
  12. MJC The Great

General Impressions

I just wanted to say thank you so much for your donation and for helping to make Shenmue III possible. I had the means to do so and I have loved this game series since the early 2000s so I put in $500 for my main PS4 copy and also ordered a physical backer version pc copy (which still hasn't...
  13. MJC The Great

Places You Can Find Li Feng

I laughed when Ren said something like "Look at the pair on that". I'd be interested to know what the Japanese dialogue version says originally.
  14. MJC The Great

Yu Suzuki's Post-WePlay Travelogue

Wow, very interesting but can we afford to get excited and assume this is Shenmue IV research when the third game hasn't been very successful? I wonder which publisher would pick it up or perhaps it would go to crowdfunding again. Despite being able to reuse existing game assets, I really feel...
  15. MJC The Great

Niaowu's relevance to the plot

I never thought that Li Feng and Niao Sun were the same person until the reveal but I did wonder if she would turn out to be either a villain or a spy for someone when I first saw her on the boat arriving in Niaowu. Maybe I'm just paranoid lol.
Back