Recent content by mjqjazzbar

1. mjqjazzbar

How much Budget do you think Shenmue IV will need to give us the Shenmue experience and why!?

They're probably reacting to the criticism in videos like Super Eyepatch Wolf's and Jim Sterling's, unfortunately. I hope they don't take too much of their criticism to heart. For one, Sterling couldn't care less about Shenmue. No doubt the series could use touching up, but I hope they focus on...
  2. mjqjazzbar

Has it been stated what language will be the original

Subbed. I did play Shenmue 1 & 2 in English as I'm an American, but I couldn't stomach the English dub in Shenmue 3 after playing through and enjoying the Yakuza series in Japanese. I also much rather hear a Japanese dub when I'm watching Japanese characters, though to be fair 99% of Shenmue 3's...
  3. mjqjazzbar

Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

Obviously we all know about Shenmue City, but here are the other games Ys Net supposedly worked on. I can find little to no details about most, but I know these were all likely limited releases that didn’t succeed in Japan. I would not be surprised if Yu Suzuki makes money from consulting and...
  4. mjqjazzbar

The Pretentious Sophistry of Super Eyepatch Wolf and His Bad Take on Shenmue III

Yeah, though in fairness to the vulgar dude I was talking to he did apologize and say I shouldn't be banned. W/e. This forum is way better anyway.
  5. mjqjazzbar

What are you playing?

Monster Boy is legitimately one of the best games I've played this generation.
  6. mjqjazzbar

The Pretentious Sophistry of Super Eyepatch Wolf and His Bad Take on Shenmue III

Copped a ban, of course. On to the next one.
  7. mjqjazzbar

Shenmue III Deals Thread.

For what it's worth, it's up to 80,000 players on Gamstat.
  8. mjqjazzbar

Nah, you're only allowed to make videos if you get a million hits and they're completely negative.
  9. mjqjazzbar

Not gonna say I should've done it, but I posted the rebuttal vid in the SEPW thread on Resetera and was savaged for even daring to promote a rebuttal video. Who'd dare try to criticize the infallible Super Eyepatch Wolf? (the same guy who got a million views for a video where he tears down a...
  10. mjqjazzbar

A photograph of Suzuki and his wife

I dig his old look.
  11. mjqjazzbar

I think the person who made this video does a great job addressing some of the selective negativity that abounds in SEW's video. It's a bit of an exercise in futility, I suppose, but I did watch both videos and found them both pretty compelling in different ways. I appreciate this video because...
  12. mjqjazzbar

An alternative take from the Virtua Bros. This is actually really good, btw. Must watch. Not saying I agree with all or most of it, but it’s just as compelling as SEW’s video.
  13. mjqjazzbar

Shenmue The Animation Announced

That's what I'm thinking. You'll probably get more glimpses of her life than we ever did in the games.
  14. mjqjazzbar

Will Suzuki change his mind and just finish the story in the anime?

I doubt any final decisions about Shenmue 4 are being made prior to Shenmue 3 releasing on all platforms and the anime releasing worldwide. I will say it's very unlikely someone decided to invest in an anime for a product they think is unprofitable, after many years of talk that the series is an...