Recent content by mrazizpizza

1. mrazizpizza

Shenmue 1&2 version differences

Thanks for the reply! That’s a really interesting read but I was asking if anyone knows of any changes specifically in the modern PC, PS4, and Xbox releases. Other than the sound difference I noticed.
  2. mrazizpizza

Shenmue 1&2 version differences

I’ve noticed the PS4 version of the Shenmue rerelease seems to have better sound emulation compared to the PC and Xbox versions. If you want to hear what I mean take look at a PC and PS4 play though of Shenmue 1 and listen to both Ryo’s footsteps and the music in his room. The PC and Xbox sounds...
  3. mrazizpizza

Has Yu said anything about retcons in a post release interview?

The justification given is that at the time there was more they wanted to do with Shenhua’s design, like having earrings and stitching on clothing, that couldn’t be done on the Dreamcast. When Suzuki was making her design for 3 he wanted to bring those elements back in but also felt it would be...
  4. mrazizpizza

Higher Quality Audio for the Launcher. (Sedge Flower)

Here you go! I also have the sound effect files so here they are as well.
  5. mrazizpizza

Sword of 7 Stars Confusion.

I can really only speak as someone who played the games back to back a couple years ago, but I had always interpreted the end of shenmue 2 as being a overly dramatized ending rather than a literal one, even before I played 3. Most likely a attempt to show where the series was headed with its...
  6. mrazizpizza

IGN: Yu Suzuki Talks Shenmue 4, Air Twister, and 40 Years of Game Development

@iknifaugood While Shenmue never went fully into the life sim aspects as games that are truly in that genre, the game absolutely expects you to invest into them through a playthrough. Day and night cycle, unique npc’s, training, side actives like feeding the cat, all of these things are very...
  7. mrazizpizza

I think in the end this is the most important part as there is a large difference in how different people view these games. There is a lot of people who view the series as action adventure focusing mainly on the story, while there is also a large amount of fans seemingly including Suzuki himself...
  8. mrazizpizza

I do personally think there would be quite a bit to lose from translating to a 2D space. It’s hard to argue strongly one way or the other as we only have the example of one but I have doubts that regardless of how well designed it would be, fans would have such a strong connection to a location...
  9. mrazizpizza

While transitioning Shenmue to a smaller scale adventure game or RPG is definitely the best, maybe even only way for the series to continue I think it’s also important to look at what type of game Suzuki would even be interested in creating. Shenmue’s core design philosophy always stemmed from...
  10. mrazizpizza

Minimum in-game day you can finish

Speedruns for the game seem to finish on April 11. Though keep in mind that’s for new game plus and playing from a new game would definitely take a lot longer.
  11. mrazizpizza

Random Shenmue Thoughts

The modern version of Shenmue 2 is a port of the Xbox version. That being said it has quite a bit of changes from the Xbox version like getting rid of the bloom and motion blur that version added
  12. mrazizpizza

Shenmue 1 - Infinite Day 2 of Forklift job

To progress through the second day make sure you are always driving into warehouse No. 3 from the right and you’ll get a cutscene. And then after work you have to head to warehouse No. 17. If you’re doing both of those you should progress through the story.
  13. mrazizpizza

How I Would "Fix" Shenmue 3's Story

I’m not really certain how you read me saying 3 is better in what I said. Overall the system in 1&2 has much more depth and feels more fun and responsive. All I said was that the system in 3 is better suited for crowd battles as that was just something the VF engine simply wasn’t designed for.
  14. mrazizpizza

How I Would "Fix" Shenmue 3's Story

The virtua fighter system was specifically built around 2D one on one fights. That’s why the Shenmue fighting engine (along with being a much watered down version of VF combat) is very janky in 3D spaces and has basically no options for crowd control. No one is saying 3’s system is better than...
  15. mrazizpizza

Getting people to play Shenmue I and II is a hard task, advices?

The quality of the voices is actually more compressed than in the original release. Along with that the music is actually a bit bugged in both games but is more noticeable in 2.
Back