Recent content by Naoyuki

1. N

Final time Ryo fights Lan Di...

Yeah we're yet to meet them and feel their vibes ay! I think it's difficult to predict how it'll all play out until we run into them. I mean... unsuccessfully betraying and then trying to murder your leader isn't a particularly good way to establish yourself as the new leader. If anything...
  2. N

Somebody will find a way to hit him eventually. Alternatively... I'm open to Lan Di and Ryo somehow teaming up. I mean to me it's not clear where Lan Di goes off to at the end of Shenmue III or what will happen to the Chi You Men. Presumably he realises they've all been scammed and this plays...
  3. N

Which version of Shenmue II do you think is the best version to play?

Oh no, what have I started? Hahaha Sorry if people thought I was trying to fight them about whether the PS4 port's better than the original (and it sounds like some PC modders might have also made an unofficial mod with high quality textures. Cool). That's not my point though... I'm simply...
  4. N

Questions for a Potential Yu Suzuki Written Interview

1. Will development of Shenmue IV be quicker/easier now that you've got everything coded up for Shenmue III? 2. What was the most challenging part of developing Shenmue III? 3. Where did your interest in China come from? Any travel tips for a post-COVID world? 4. Any life tips you can share...
  5. N

Which version of Shenmue II do you think is the best version to play?

Original Dreamcast version on a Dreamcast (in Japanese). Who says Dreamcasts can't have quiet fans (plus ODEs), output 1080p and use bluetooth controllers? ;) See your point though. Meh... it's a Sega game and I love my Dreamcast (it just feels right). Also, the game hasn't been modified in...
  6. N

Rate the Shenmue trilogy

I rate them together as 10/10. Back in my days as a teacher I learned to start at 10 and then work my way backwards. I have no reason to deduct marks from the series as it's beautiful and makes my heart beat heavily every time. To me the series is up there with my other favourite adventure...
  7. N

Why so quiet

Well said! Yeah I'm just glad that I've been able to enjoy the product that we got. IMO having the Unreal 4 engine (with the graphics, performance and game size that we got) is impressive. I vividly remember being shocked by the size and beauty of Niaowu. It's clear that a lot of love and...
  8. N

Why so quiet

I'm with you mate!!! Only just finished Shenmue III (Mac user with no PS3 so purchased VM software and a Windows license specially for it). I was expecting it to be lacklustre based on the messaging around the web. What a surprise!!!! I thought it was a wonderful game and am now looking forward...
  9. N

Dunno but I think it will be a mental battle more than anything (in traditional virtua fighter kinda style, but with power moves at various points). IMO Ryo will learn, but not quite master Lan Di's style, so he'll need a POD to exploit Lan Di's weaknesses (anger, revenge, list for...
Back