Recent content by Nathanial Essex

1. Nathanial Essex

Microsoft buys Activision Blizzard for $70bn

Yes, my issue is Microsoft accelerating the issue. I've been critical of the industry for a very long time. It's similar to when EA purchased Bioware. There was a concern around a lot of fans they were going to be more of a studio focused on high profit margins and not quality. What happened...
  2. Nathanial Essex

I think you're missing the point, my point at least. It's not the format that's an issue, it's the negative affect on games and gaming it's likely to cause. In my opinion, the condensing of the industry and this arms race Microsoft may just have started, is going to speed up the death of the...
  3. Nathanial Essex

My hope is that Sony sits down, look at what they will be missing and goes HAM on developing titles. The Order 1886 could easily be developed into a Gears killer, can't be that hard to make a good military shooter with the right studio. And for God sake, release some proper Western RPG games and...
  4. Nathanial Essex

I still struggle to get my head round their business model. They charge £8 per month which is the equivalent of the cost of two games a year (and that's being extremely generous, especially as most games start between £50 - £70). Of course, this price is to suck people in and steadily increase...
  5. Nathanial Essex

Great article here In short, Microsoft is going to kick off an acquisition race and games are going to be dumbed down by cooperations who don't give a damn about quality and just want to generate revenue by jumping on what they think is the next market trend. Mobile and games focused of...
  6. Nathanial Essex

Premiering February 5th 2022 + New Trailer

Any news on an English dub.?
  7. Nathanial Essex

Entering the dark ages of gaming. I'm hoping Microsoft, like they do many of things, completely mess this up and we return to a situation where console developers have a handful of first party studios and the rest are independent developers supporting multiple consoles. With that money...
  8. Nathanial Essex

Post your gaming setup

Bloody hell that's nice. Which country?
  9. Nathanial Essex

Final Fantasy VII Remake

For those who are fans of the original and played the remake, any changes/differences you really liked or hated? FYI @Riku Rose
  10. Nathanial Essex

Random Gaming Thoughts

Now you have me curious...
  11. Nathanial Essex

Mental Health Dojo

All the best Miles. Sorry for the more practical as opposed to emotional advice... Regarding selling the house: May be worth thinking about whether it's worth selling or renting. Selling you'll get the lump sum, but renting will provide you and your brother with regular income. Especially if...
  12. Nathanial Essex

What are you playing?

I downloaded Persona 5 Strikers on PS Plus. Though I loved Persona 5, after playing this for a minute, I can't bring myself to play this game (Strikers) any more. I hate the Musou games with a passion for their lack of effort. Graphically this game looks much better but the combat is pretty much...
  13. Nathanial Essex

What are you playing?

I downloaded Persona 5 Strikers on PS Plus. Though I loved Persona 5, after playing this for a minute, I can't bring myself to play this game (Strikers) any more. I hate the Musou games with a passion for their lack of effort. Graphically this game looks much better but the combat is pretty much...
  14. Nathanial Essex

What are you playing?

I am a gamer of little patience and the game kept me engrossed for the most part. Does get repetitive in areas but I did not think I was aimlessly running around for the most part.
  15. Nathanial Essex

Ask the Person Below you a Question?

Intuition. I do find myself in situations in only seems I can solve. The other day, the road was blocked with traffic and people were sitting there for 30 minutes not moving. When it was time for me to leave the house, I got out, directed a number of cars to move over and a big jam was fixed in...