Recent content by Nathanial Essex

1. Nathanial Essex

Random Gaming Thoughts

Why do so few games have the instant start feature on the PS5? Probably the most next gen feature for me is being able to hop straight into a game without any introduction logos etc. I've only seen this work well with two games: Final Fantasy 7 remake and Astro Play Room. Both games you can...
  2. Nathanial Essex

IGN gives Death Stranding a 6.8 review score

I ended up liking it, was obsessed with building roads. One of those games I probably won't rush out to get the sequel, but will be interested in.
  3. Nathanial Essex

GTA 6

Looks incredible and Rockstar always makes quality games. This is the test to see if they keep those standards in the age of microtransactions and trying to milk customers holds up. Main worry is the 2025 release date. Doesn't surprise me when quality falls off the cliff after an impressive...
  4. Nathanial Essex

Recent Gaming Purchases

I purchased a SSD for my PS5. Never thought I would get one, but it was becoming a pain to keep deleting things I would rather keep.
  5. Nathanial Essex

Random Gaming Thoughts

I just don't understand why it's so hard to do a MGS 1 remake. Especially if you don't really expand on the story; a like for like recreation in a modern engine surely would be a money maker.
  6. Nathanial Essex

Dojo Investments ( I'm not financial advisor just sharing opinion)

I done a stocks & shares ISA when I was 18 or so during the 2008 financial crisis. By the time I sold it 7 years later, it was worth a good £5,000 more than I put in. Managed to use that to put a deposit on my house. I have Trading 212 and made some money buying individual shares. Mainly when...
  7. Nathanial Essex

What are you playing?

I got myself a gaming PC. Thought this would be one I would check out as I'm longing for a Western RPG. However, just looks like a Bethesda game and that puts me right off. As it's not getting 9s across the board, I am going to skip. Not really playing anything at present. I am trying to power...
  8. Nathanial Essex

Does Upcoming DLC Put You Off New Games?

The DLC that I am totally against is locking day-1 characters behind some pre-order bonus or something. I first noticed it with Capcom when they release Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds and hade Jill Valentine as a pre-order bonus (if my memory serves me correctly). First time I refused...
  9. Nathanial Essex

Does anyone have a link to the English dub?

If you could DM me a link, that would be much appreciated.
  10. Nathanial Essex

Does anyone have a link to the English dub?

Ideally a download. Sad that I can't legit purchase or stream this.
  11. Nathanial Essex

What are you playing?

MK11 was my most played game on PS4. I loved the characters but never played MK much as I felt it was one of those games where you get caught in a combo and might as well put your controller down as there was little you can do about it. Two reasons why I'm not getting the latest. 1- I feel...
  12. Nathanial Essex

Fitness & Health Dojo

I'm probably posting this very prematurely but needed to mention it somewhere. I have this black mark on my nail, straight line, that won't go away. Initially looked it up in July and never thought much on it. Selective reading I guess put it down to a bruise and nothing more. 3 months further...
  13. Nathanial Essex

Recent Gaming Purchases

Just got Gran Turismo 7. I got it just because of VR2 but was about to take it back to the shop (before playing in VR) as the first impressions weren't great. The graphics weren't anything special, not a fan of the menu, sense of speed was near non-existent and I just don't get the handling. I...
  14. Nathanial Essex

Mental Health Dojo

Day before yesterday, I literally never slept throughout the night. I thought I may have dosed of here and there but not a single bit of sleep. Whole day yesterday I was in a daze and felt terrible. I had football in the evening and had to miss the previous week because of my sleep issues. This...
  15. Nathanial Essex

Mental Health Dojo

I haven't slept properly in 4 weeks. Usually I'll have random bouts of insomnia like symptoms but this is one of the longest stretches. It has already affected my productivity at work and made me snappy with the kids.
Back