Recent content by Nigel

1. Nigel

What did you think of Face/Off?

My guess is that face off was to be part of the rapport system that wasn't fully fleshed out. If they had the time to make that system more robust, it probably could've had an effect in terms of the plot etc. That said, they probably thought the game still worth including, as they'd already...
  2. Nigel

Suka Pass Version 1.9 Release: FREE MARKET

You must have forgotten I legally changed my name to "Alexandre"... ;) Really, though, it was and remains fun to explore this app and intentionally look through some character profiles again. Thanks for all of your hard work! So too, while I know that SP is built off of the original Passport...
  3. Nigel

Random Shenmue Thoughts

Meant to comment earlier: glad to see you got a cassette player! (Having played this series since the weekend of the original Dreamcast release, I was shocked to win a player on the first in-game day of the PS4 remaster.) IIRC: though these factors affect both games, gambling success in S1 is...
  4. Nigel

Random Shenmue Thoughts

I was recently thinking about user interface in Shenmue, chiefly the inclusion of the A/B/X/Y at the bottom of the screen in Shenmue I for the HD ports. Are you more a fan of the buttons being there at all times, or do you prefer the Dreamcast Shenmue I minimalism? I used to prefer the buttons...
  5. Nigel

Server Migration & Scheduled Downtime

Before things go down, I'm gonna post my 3427 page screed (edited it from 3428) on how Lan Di is actually right, and that we're all a bunch of suckers. Torrent it now, sailors! (More seriously, thanks for the update, and thanks to you staff for all you do!)
  6. Nigel

Shenmue 4 leak audio review trailer

I ran across my city naked today, and no one even noticed :disrelieved: (My more earnest thought: I do wonder to what extent, if we see S4, AI will be used. I do think it could be well suited for a game like this. Even if not used with conversations, it could help with the scenery, akin to the...
  7. Nigel

Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

I admit I could do without the eating system, but if they're going to implement it, I think @chaikilla has the right idea of connecting it to the story in a more organic way. It could work well in a manner similar to the rapport system we saw the roots of (but not fruits of) in Bailu. The...
  8. Nigel

My upcoming game inspired by "shenmue" and "yakuza".

I don't have much time to play games these days, but know, @Kenzo38130 , this is at the top of my list. This is very impressive work, and I'm glad it's coming together; thank you for sharing the development process with us, too!
  9. Nigel

The Official Gaming Music Topic

'Tis indeed the same singer. She has some other tunes uploaded, including some MSR demos (or so I think them to be). Let's Get It On Tonight was my original favorite too! Again, you've perennially good taste. I recall driving around on the lawnmower in London rain to that song. (What a normal...
  10. Nigel

The Official Gaming Music Topic

As quite a fan of the Metropolis Street Racer soundtrack, I was delighted to discover this earlier version of "Am I Only Dreaming?"
  11. Nigel

Props to a delay at Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport for allowing me to master the WUDE, and in turn...
  12. Nigel

Getting there... I may go as insane regarding these mini slots as I did S3 herbs.
  13. Nigel

What other secrets have you guys activated in Shenmue 2 besides the Duck Race?

Glad you made it to the duck race! Like Spud, I was going to mention both the birthday and cutscenes. You may be right that S2 doesn't have as many hidden scenes (I don't have a full list or anything, so I'm uncertain), but I think the trickier thing is that some of the events/scenes can be...
  14. Nigel

Tips for a Second Playthrough

I've heard of only two difficulties with the DLC, especially for PC players. (Both problems were mentioned on the forums around the time the DLC released—some time ago now—and, again, they seem to have affected PC users more. Both problems may be fixed by now.) The first problem concerns the...
  15. Nigel

Sonic the Hedgehog thread

Looks tempting indeed, though the $60 price tag feels a bit steep for a 2.5 game. I hope the physics are a bit better than those of Sonic 4 and Generations and closer to those of Mania, but I'll take what I can get.
Back