Recent content by Nikita

1. Nikita

Digging out the Dream and an unforgotten love

@Sergeynest : Hey, thank you for reading my post =) And so much thanks for the research and the convenient video. That's great! =) It's amazing that it is even called the Phoenix Town. Is Shenmue based on a real story after all? haha :D I finished the game two days ago. Here's what I wrote down...
  2. Nikita

* Niaowu* Welcome to Niaowu. My first impression: Hey they got these soda machines again. And wow, this time it actually has a use to drink them: Orange Juice +20HP! 8-) **The City** In Niaowu I realized how I fell in Love with the Game’s Scenery. I already liked Bailu. But Niaowu somehow...
  3. Nikita

The Sun of Bailu The sun outside my window has set a few hours ago, while I am still in pursuit of the Dragon Mirror’s Secret. Similarly, the sun in Bailu, has risen and fallen many times and meanwhile I have defeated the Golden Tiger, learned fishing and proceeded to the clock tower, where I...
  4. Nikita

Hey everyone, Thanks for all the feedback. 😊😊😊 I am a few (slow play) hours into the game and wanted to shar my first impressions *Three pillars* For me, the three pillars of Shenmue III’s World are Story Money Kung Fu You want to progress in each of those. *Story* I haven’t progressed...
  5. Nikita

Hey guys, I feel a bit bad, that I never finished my reviews. I did finish the game, tho. Just never took the time to write down my impressions. Now I decided that it's time to go on =) **Recap** When I was a kid, maybe 10 years old or so, I got a Dreamcast for christmas. In the Internet...
  6. Nikita

October 10 SHENMUE II, DISC 3 Hooked My roommate K enters my room. He sees me playing Shenmue II. Sceptically he eyes the TV-Screen for a minute or so and finally asks: “What are you doing?” - “Carrying Crates with Congo..”, I reply. “Ah okay… that looks pretty senseless”, K notices...
  7. Nikita

How to play a NTSC Japan Game on my DC?

Hi, Got a question.. browsing through the forum I got inspired to play virtua fighter, so I bought a copy of VF3tb for Dreamcast. Only after I bought it I noticed that it had a NTSC-J regional code. What are my options to make it run on my PAL Dreamcast? (1) I have two old DCs which are...
  8. Nikita

Logo for jacket

Hey ho, My roommate worked for a delivery service and when he quit he could keep the rain jacket. Since he doesn't want it, I got this really useful Rainjacket with this really ugly logo on it. Luckily, I know someone who can print another logo on top of it. If someone could send me a cool...
  9. Nikita

A Gamer's Journey (Shenmue Documentary) goes to Kickstarter

Nooo, I missed the funding period... Now I'll never go down in the eternal shenmue history... Well whatever... Looking forward to the film. I'll make all my friends watch it, so they'll understand why I'm not going out in November.
  10. Nikita

Marketing Shenmue III

German is my mother tounge. I will be happy to participate The thing I love most about Shenmue is ... well, gotta think about it :)
  11. Nikita

I think the encounter of the Heavens was very... straight forward, I'd say. Kindda fighting your way through. When I had to get the 500 bucks, I didn't know what to do. But then I found the cave man guy, beat him up 10 times and almost had all the money I needed. Before Ryo gave the money, he...
  12. Nikita

I just finished Disc 2. I am pretty happy to get out of busy Hong Kong. Even though I found my way pretty well in the end 8-) Focus I feel like the story was more straight forward. A lot of cut scenes, lot of story, ... , I didn't really get in the mood to play Arcade, since you already...
  13. Nikita

after the first disc -- Vsiting the Masters was insane. Very classic in a romantic way. I loved it. I find Shenmue has this very friendly way to speak about the Spirit of Budo. -- What's up with the dub? I play it in Japanese with English subs. And somehow the dub sounds different from the...
  14. Nikita

Playing Shenmue II for the first time ... again ... I noticed a lot of changes in the gameplay. Which all of them, I liked pretty much. - The button control is a bit more variable now and I cannot stop trying to open doors with the A-Button. - When I went into a pawn shop for the first time, I...
  15. Nikita

Before I start writing more about Shenmue II, I'd like to review the first part again. Connecting to the Game It first moving around was a bit awkward. Everything seemed a bit slow and more than once did I press the wrong buttons. But after some time, I started to understand the controls and...
Back