Recent content by openrob

1. openrob

Shenmue clothing/custom jacket

Here's my Shenmue clothing I own. The jacket is an authentic Vintage Avirex A2 I had customised with the Tiger on the back. I decided to get this done after owning the Insert Coin Shenmue jacket (since sold it on). The quality was so poor for the price, just a generic PVC faux-leather...
  2. openrob

What mysteries/theory are you most looking forward to getting resolved?

Yeah, I mean firstly there is the discrepancy between Yuanda Zhu and Master Chen (the mirrors either lead to treasure, or unleash a terrible power depending on their answers). I mean Yuanda Zhu did try to warn Iwao, so I think he is somewhat trustworthy, but you're right, I think he is defo...
  3. openrob

Also, the real mystery of the series... How did Ryo get his face bandage lol. Seriously though, I'm interested in all the intergenerational history between everyone. It almost seems canon that the man in the picture with Iwao is related to Lan Di, but I'm not certain. I think Shenmue 3 could...
  4. openrob

Thanks spud. I was Robatfreedom on the old site, but finally migrated over! Still feel a bit sad the old site has gone, but I got over it haha.
  5. openrob

Replaying the games (again!) it reminds me that there are so many unknowns and mysteries that we don't know about. Reasons that made me desire S3 for so long! From obvious things like the significance of the mirrors, to what happened to Shenhua's dad - to things like will we ever find the sword...
  6. openrob

First Playthrough: Were you all about the narrative or did you freely explore?

With the game spanning 3 discs, I assumed it would be like Final Fantasy 7 and would take weeks, if not months to complete. I sped through and completed it in three days haha. Though I immediately replayed it and took my time with it
  7. openrob

Funniest Moment Within The Series So Far?

When Guizhang is like "those dirty bastards!" When talking about the Mad Angels. Cracks me up the way he drops it Lol. I think it's the only swear word in the game @5:14
Back