Recent content by Paulisdead18

1. P

At What Point Does Ryo.. Evolve?

I actually don't think he's going to ever "defeat" Lan Di, or at least not in a traditional sense. I predict he'll overcome his lust for revenge before he's at a point where he could even beat Lan Di, shifting the story into a "bigger picture" scenario alluded to throughout the series (The...
  2. P

Total number of Skill scrolls ?

I can see you're missing Brawling Uppercut 2, you learn it from Dejing by meeting him on the pier next to the warehouse after working a forklift shift.
  3. P

Ren should of died - S3 needed a dramatic plot twist

To be fair... Ren doesn't show Ryo much love (even though he TOTALLY admires and likes Ryo, he's too stubborn to really show it though), and he DOES kinda literally get him nearly beaten to death in their first meeting. Ryo's always kinda held him as a reluctant ally he needed who then showed at...
  4. P

What a disappointment

I really just wish they continued this in Niaowu, i missed having that connection with Shenhua every night, reflecting on the past and present. You get those little balcony scenes instead, which sometimes aren't about anything new or interesting, just things like "I heard you can get a part-time...
  5. P

My opinion about Shenmue III

It likely was, it feels more like the setup for the bigger picture, Ryo's finally immersed into this conflict that's been going on behind the scenes for the whole series thus far. We find out a lot of Iwao's time in Bailu and get reaffirmed that Iwao actually probably didn't kill Sunming. Before...
  6. P

I Always Preferred Japanese Voice with English Subtitles - Same for 3!

I really do like her a lot as Shenhua, she nailed that kind of softness her original VA had in Shenmue II, it hardly feels like I'm talking to someone "new" (Where as a contrast, The English dub is still pretty well done, and I don't think anyone expected AAA directed voice acting. The VAs...
  7. P

Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Now that I'm thinking of music because of the discussion on the other page, I can't help but feel (slight) disappointment that, with all the reused tracks/remastered tracks from Shenmue I and II, they decided to mix up what was used for the single recurring location between II and III, Shenhua's...
  8. P

There's some good ways to make Niaowu actually, at least 100 yuan per activity or more,
  9. P

Where To Find Every Chobu Chan In Niaowu (Guide with Pictures)

I skipped on the stamp collection quest in Bailu too, I was close to wrapping up the main quest there and several sessions weren't netting me the Blue Catfish, so I decided rather than hang around I'd just keep moving forward. I prefer Ryo's main jacket anyways, it's eternally iconic for me and...
  10. P

Shenmue 3 fight engine

I've actually even figured out how to handle crowds too, figure out good quick combos that focus on knockdowns, I ended up doing the
  11. P

Seriously, Bailu ended up being the exact kind of location Shenhua described it as, and ended up feeling like "home" away from Ryo's home, and then Naiowu pulled you back to feeling lost in a big city like Hong Kong (with a lot less Man Mo Everything though). The locations are as good as ever...
  12. P

Where To Find Every Chobu Chan In Niaowu (Guide with Pictures)

Heck yeah! I've been waiting for guides to come out so I can eventually get everything I've missed (but i'll only do so after a first playthrough, i wanna discover as much as I can on a first go, and then figure out what I missed later on) Now I wonder how long it'll take for a full guide on...
  13. P

Shenmue 3 fight engine

After getting used to it and utilizing it fully in Niaowu, I like it. It's rewarding if you figure out effective combos and tie the "shortcut" to hard to execute moves, and then memorize easier ones for use. It gets great when you realize what moves are mainly used to knockback and stun, which...
  14. P

He's a dropout, it's why his friends were so worried about him in Shenmue I, he was skipping class and avoiding everyone ever since Iwao died.
  15. P

I'd actually try and find items to buy and exchange for moves, since from what I saw the move scroll were all around 1.3k yuan EACH, and all obtainable for much cheaper via the pawn shop exchange method. If money really isnt an object, go for it, but I'm determined to spend the least amount of...
Back