Recent content by ragolliangatan

1. ragolliangatan

Shenmue 3 Sales

I think it's highly unlikely we see Shenmue 3 in the top 20 for NPD, it would be a nice surprise. We probably won't get a clearer picture of what sales are like for a few months. Sites like game stats can be very unreliable for an accurate picture of sales- it is highly unlikely that sales are...
  2. ragolliangatan

Shenmue 3 Sales

Dengenki online had it at those numbers.
  3. ragolliangatan

Shenmue 3 Sales

It would be in 3-4k range I would imagine.
  4. ragolliangatan

Shenmue 3 Sales

I would assume an 80% drop for wk 2 . Putting physical sales overall in Japan at around 20k combined for the first two weeks.
  5. ragolliangatan

Shenmue 3 Sales

Taken from resetera, Shenmue 3 hit the top 10 in Spain in it's first week Hardware: Switch: 8800 PS4: 2200 Xbox One: 330 Data from Archive: Week 26, 2019: PS4 Judgment: 2550 units Week 16, 2018: PS4 Yakuza 6: 1500 units
  6. ragolliangatan

Shenmue 3 Sales

Last Week This Week Title New Entry 1 Football Manager 2020 2 2 Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order 4 3 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 5 4 FIFA 20 1 5 Pokémon Sword 3 6 Pokémon Shield 10 7 Grand Theft Auto V 7 8 Luigi's Mansion 3 8 9 Need for Speed: Heat 26 10 Rainbow Six Siege I...
  7. ragolliangatan

Deep Silver’s continued involvement with Shenmue

they would probably be like any other publisher- regular checkins and milestones to ensure everything is on track. It can be very useful as marketing can be involved earlier in the process.
  8. ragolliangatan

Deep Silver’s continued involvement with Shenmue

Interestingly, I have work colleagues who used to work at 4AGames (Metro series), and they don't have a lot of positive things to say about Deep Silver as a publisher. The Epic deal for that game was done behind the studios back and the developer didn't see a penny from it- and it pissed off the...
  9. ragolliangatan

Shenmue 3 Sales

you'd like to think so, publishers can be fairly short-sighted at times though. Fingers crossed that Deep Silver or another publisher step up to the plate and help fund Shenmue IV
  10. ragolliangatan

Shenmue 3 Sales

Looking at Amazon.ca, it's currently 39th best seller in PS4 games and it looks like the Black Friday discount has kicked in. Seems to be out of stock on EBGames.ca.
  11. ragolliangatan

Shenmue 3 Sales

what figures? I was going to estimate it might do 200k max in lifetime sales.
  12. ragolliangatan

The Shenmue 3 Review Thread

The Guardian gave it a 4/5 https://www.theguardian.com/games/2019/nov/29/shenmue-iii-review-pc-ps4-deep-silver
  13. ragolliangatan

Shenmue 3 Sales

+1 for this. China isn't going to do much for Shenmue 3 sales. The Chinese market as a whole is mainly focused on PC games, and for the most part browser or F2P titles.
  14. ragolliangatan

Shenmue 3 Sales

For Control, via 505 games we have a figure for Epic exclusivity: https://www.pcgamer.com/epic-paid-dollar1045-million-for-controls-exclusivity/
  15. ragolliangatan

Shenmue 3 Sales

One thing that has to be taken into account with regards to Cedric and YSNet not talking about sales or expectations is due to the publisher relationship with Deep Silver. Deep Silver are a publicly-traded company so any talk of sales,etc has to go via them first as they don't want share price...
Back