Recent content by Riku Kurosaki

1. Riku Kurosaki

Happy 20th Anniversary Shenmue!!

Unfortunately, my time spent playing Shenmue tonight was brief cause I got to the part where you fight Chai in the arcade and I tried at least 20 times to beat him, but I couldn't. I have only managed to beat him once or twice in all the years I have played Shenmue.
  2. Riku Kurosaki

Happy 20th Anniversary Shenmue!!

Today marks the 20th Anniversary of Shenmue's release in Japan! What are you all doing to celebrate it? Hopefully playing Shenmue like I am!
  3. Riku Kurosaki

Is it worth buying Shenmue I & II on PC if I already own it on PS4? Do mods make much of a difference?

Does that other mod support the mod which changes the soda machines back to the Coca-Cola brands? I downloaded one that changed the orange, grape and Jet Soda cans back into Fanta Orange, Fanta Grape and Sprite cans, but the Coke cans still showed up as Jet Soda. :/ On a humorous note, I was...
  4. Riku Kurosaki

Is there a cat in Niaowu?

Not gonna lie, I thought there was a cat somewhere we’d have to take care of like the cat in Shenmue 1. Would have been a nice throwback to the original game.
  5. Riku Kurosaki

Has Corey Marshall done any post launch interviews?

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how old Corey Marshall is? I saw a pic of him in an article when he was recording lines for Shenmue 1 and he looked to be in his early to mid 20s. So he’s gotta be in his 40s now, right?
  6. Riku Kurosaki

Is it worth buying Shenmue I & II on PC if I already own it on PS4? Do mods make much of a difference?

Nah it was the Special K mod. I uninstalled it and then tested it out without the mod, and it ran perfectly.
  7. Riku Kurosaki

I already bought it and followed the tutorial video and now I have horrible FPS
  8. Riku Kurosaki

Frame rate is atrocious after installing mods in Shenmue 1.

So how would I go about doing that? Sorry, kinda new to the modding scene here, at least for Shenmue.
  9. Riku Kurosaki

Frame rate is atrocious after installing mods in Shenmue 1.

So I followed the step by step video linked on this forum and I installed all the mods (Special K, HD Environmental Texture overhaul, Hazuki residence textures, etc) and now for some reason, my frame rate in the game bounces between 15 FPS and 25 FPS. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
  10. Riku Kurosaki

Cut content list

Also, Shuqin Zhang was supposed to be in the game (there were screenshots of him in what appeared to be Niaowu) but he’s not in the game.
  11. Riku Kurosaki

Running through the step by step video to modding Shenmue I & II and I've encountered a problem. Need help please!

UPDATE: So I seemed to have fixed what the issue was from reading some older posts on here and it turned out it was the SpecialK mod, so I uninstalled it from my sm2 folder and now the game loads just fine. Is there anyway I can use mods on Shenmue II without using SpecialK?
  12. Riku Kurosaki

Running through the step by step video to modding Shenmue I & II and I've encountered a problem. Need help please!

I'm having a problem where after installing the HD environmental texture overhaul pack to Shenmue II when starting up a new game to check for black textures, the game freezes at the loading screen. I just got the game yesterday so I do not have a save file to check for them. I've tried over 10...
  13. Riku Kurosaki

Okay so I am planning on starting a new day and date playthrough of Shenmue I & II next week and I have it on PS4 but I was wondering about the PC version since it can be modded. I have Game Pass on my PC and Shenmue I & II is on there, but I'm not too sure if I can mod it. Someone on the boards...
  14. Riku Kurosaki

What level should my Kung Fu be at before heading to the last area?

Any moves that worked against the final bosses really well? I'm gonna make a loadout for the R2 button before I head there.
Back