Recent content by Rome

1. Rome

Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Shenmue 3 and the combat system is gonna have me feeling like it's a whole different world for awhile. I'll be hooked sooner than later.
  2. Rome

How old are you?

Shenmue came out right when it was supposed to. You're absolutely right Jetmcfancy. Not sooner, nor later. I know I needed to learn from it at the time. I still can learn from Shenmue 3. Patience.
  3. Rome

How old are you?

Love this topic. Can't go wrong asking, as I was 13/14 when I first came upon this wonderful game. I've spent half my life as a Shenmue fan. We've come a long way. I'm 30. Feels like just yesterday I was signing up at the Dojo as a newbie to the forum world, lol. I'm looking forward to...
  4. Rome

How Long Will It Take For You To Press Start?

This is where I'm at with this question. I'll sit down wherever I'm at, and soak it all in. Reminsce about the first time I played and the memories I've shared with you all. It'll be a surreal moment for sure. I'll give it an hour, then smash that start button!
  5. Rome

Random Shenmue Thoughts

That move is unblockable. I've beaten him plenty of times in the past, with only using Crawl as a defensive option. This time around, I don't even know it yet. I got this. It took me 6 attempts, but I finally got it with a simple back twist haha.This is one of my favorite fights.
  6. Rome

Random Shenmue Thoughts

(Delete) Woken Rome. See post below?
  7. Rome

What if Shenmue 3 Fails?

Real Shenmue fans know about the Dojo. We have the most loyal, dedicated fan base. It's truly unmatched IMO. Shenmue 3 will turn alot of lurkers, into posters. And alot of newmue fans into lurkers ? Congrats to everyone who has made the Dojo what it is today.
  8. Rome

Random Shenmue Thoughts

Chai has bested me in two fights. I've maxed out most of my hand moves. I don't do crawl cyclone. I focus on defense and throw moves(lately), but it does help you stay in the fight longer. No Corey Marshall on this playthrough lol. Different, but same.
  9. Rome

What if Shenmue 3 Fails?

I've been a member here since 04, and that's because I fell in love with the first two games. I remember logging on to talk Shenmue, and just life in general. Shenmue 3 was just something we all hoped for, year after year. Not the original reason I signed up. It's the love of the series that...
  10. Rome

"No throws" speculation (how will it work?)

On my most recent playthrough, I've focused alot of my time building up every move possible. Throwing Fuku-San all around the Dojo has been quite entertaining. Although disappointing to read, it's not the end of the world. I'm hoping they can implement them into cutscenes/QTE's. Sacrifices...
  11. Rome

Discovering New Things? Small Details You've Noticed This Time Around?

Is that in the DC version as well? Never noticed before.
  12. Rome

Your typical Shenmue/Shenmue II Playthrough.

Shenmue is usually the same routine for me. First few days I spend talking to every NPC, feeding Mimi, watching flashbacks, and pray everyday. I start collecting items, slowing playing games at the arcade, and training each move possible. I try to get as many unique dialogue as I can, Nozomi...
  13. Rome

ST Friendly Wager #2 Will Shenmue 3 have a fast travel option?

This, I can get behind. I'd prefer walking, a small shortcut never hurts though.
  14. Rome

IGN's Esra Krabbe - Shenmue 3 editorial (MAGIC '19)

“Can you open drawers and closets like in the old games?” Pretty much sums up how this became my favorite game of all time.
  15. Rome

Discovering New Things? Small Details You've Noticed This Time Around?

I've talked to Fuku-San about it before, but I'm about to talk to Liu-san in Suzume park, and went back to the Dojo in the evening, and Fuku-San said he'd remembered something. That the men in black had tattoos. Ryo mentions Lan-Di has the same tattoo. I'll post another good one when I come...
Back