Recent content by Rusted Gold

1. Rusted Gold

Shenmue III Complete collectors edition

It's a little unsettling that out of only 3000 copies they are still up there. I got it because once the ps4 servers go down the DLC will be really hard to find, example try to find a way to play PT if you didn't download it when it was a free demo, you kind of can but you have to jump through...
  2. Rusted Gold

Saturn Theory?

So I need help because I am not sure exactly how many times the Sega Saturn Pops up across all three games, but I do have basic theory that needs to be tested and it is in relation to the Sega Saturn being more then a basic Sega Easter egg, but a reference directly aimed at Ryo's father. Iwao...
  3. Rusted Gold

What parts/beats need to stay in the Shenmue Animation?

One thing I want to see in this Anime is how Ryo got his Jacket. I know it sounds trivial, but I would like to see an origin story for Ryo's Jacket, rather it be a last gift from Iwao or a graduation gift from Nozomi.
  4. Rusted Gold

Shenmue Bingo!

Alright I thought it would be fun to play a game of Shenmue Anime Bingo! Below I have posted a blank template that I grabbed online and made a slight edit to the free space of a Blank Bingo card, your job is to make your own predictions and fill out your own card before the first episode comes...
  5. Rusted Gold

What parts/beats need to stay in the Shenmue Animation?

We need to see him buy at least one capsule toy!
  6. Rusted Gold

real life qte title arcade machine

I'm wondering if any are still up in operation today at just some random mom and pop arcade? But it would be highly unlikely since punching games take a lot more upkeep then something like Pac-Man? Or if there are any left are they just in the possession of Private collectors? One thing a lot...
  7. Rusted Gold

An annoucement about shenmue is coming ?

Easy they just go to the hotdog stand and talk with Tom a lot more.
  8. Rusted Gold

Shenmue Announcement Predictions

Going to say if it's an Anime or OVA I give it a 30% chance that it will be an Adult Swim as an Exclusive; and a 70% chance it will be somewhere else, Hulu, funimation, netflix, crunchyroll, amazon prime. or some unknown steaming service in that order of likely-hood. And if it's a novel or...
  9. Rusted Gold

That's why I'm worried most of the Anime they currently have are all martial arts/fighting in themed and are aimed at 14+ Shenmue is still about revenge and tracking down a member of the Chinese Mafia so it could easily be bumped into that age range Adult Swim shows this week Dragon Ball Super...
  10. Rusted Gold

Exactly rather its an Anime, Manga, OVA, Novel, new game, or heck even if it just turns out to be Sega teaming up with Johnson and Johnson to make Shenmue Licensed Band Aids, all we can do is speculate. Hopefully its not Band Aids or something dumb like covid masks. We have all set the bar set...
  11. Rusted Gold

Sega has a history of dropping content with little to no warnings to retailers. Just look at how the handled the Saturn, Sega only sent a handful to a few retailers and it could be argued that only the weakest retailers ended up with the first wave of Saturn's. I just wonder what a botched...
  12. Rusted Gold

The Virtua Fighter Anime is on Amazon Prime right now I just watched it a few months ago and it does have a lot of Shenmue vibes, but Shenmue did start off as a virtua fighter RPG before becoming its own thing.
  13. Rusted Gold

What older, revived Sega IP would have the best shot of being a hit $60 game?

A new Jet Set Radio would be towards the top of my list for a new Sega revival, but I would also really want to see a new Seaman game there is so much more you can do with that concept now that voice recognition and AI has greatly improved. Also think if they somehow incorporated it with...
  14. Rusted Gold

First Time Playing Shenmue

I actually started off playing Shenmue II. It wasn't until years later that I played the first game so all I had to go off of was the Shenmue Movie that came with the xbox port of Shenmue II. Also it could be nostalgia but Shenmue II is my favorite out of the three, So I can safely say that...
  15. Rusted Gold

What song are you listening to right now?

Been listening to a lot of retro throw away music, think elevator/commercial/supermarket white noise Don't judge but I'm writing a book that takes place in small town in the 90's yet somehow still clings to the past almost as if its trapped in a time capsule/anomaly, and this is what it would...
Back