Recent content by Rydeen

1. Rydeen

Eiyuden Chronicles Kickstarter

Oof, bummer. I remember seeing something about the delay for the physical Switch version a month ago or so in the backer updates. I thought they were maybe giving out codes for digital copies (Steam, maybe?) for backers who selected the Switch physical version, though. Did they not do that? I...
  2. Rydeen

I finally got my code in a box for the GOG backer version. Got a little pressed a for minute when it initially showed that I couldn't download the game because it hasn't been released yet, but apparently it needed to be set to the pre-release branch. About to start the process of replaying all...
  3. Rydeen

Shenmue IV Will Happen - Here's Why!

For sure, Air Twister sales alone wouldn't make a dent. I was talking more about Air Twister as one of a series of projects, along with some incentives from Apple, etc that might add up to a small pile that could be squirreled away to make something like a point and click adventure game for...
  4. Rydeen

Shenmue IV Will Happen - Here's Why!

Maybe it’s just me being jaded, but I’d almost be willing to place money on the major game studios changing almost nothing in regards to their AAA strategies. They’re pretty much all looking for home runs, and in most cases, the windfall profits they’re after require what we might consider...
  5. Rydeen

I don’t know if there’s a way to get the patch notes on the actual console, but it looks like you just got kind of unlucky. Seems there were two pre-release patches (probably addressing things from backer trial feedback). https://www.orbispatches.com/CUSA29567 I wouldn’t be surprised if...
  6. Rydeen

Holy crap, what? I knew we were supposed to get backer copies early, but I thought they had mentioned something like three days, not ten. Damn. I was trying to get through Dragon Quest XI first.
  7. Rydeen

Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

I can’t imagine there’s any chance it’s PDS, unless they were just able partner with Sega to do a reprint of the Saturn version. I think he probably teases a lot of their stuff this way. I recall one within the last six months teased like this that ended up being, like, Persona 3 or some shit...
  8. Rydeen

Yu Suzuki ~ The Power To Never Give Up ~

I think that's probably a better comp, too. At least in that they both stopped actually making games pretty early on in their carriers, and moved into primarily producer and supervisor roles. (Nothing for Miyamoto after SMB 3 aside from Mario 64, and pretty much just Chu Chu Rocket, Rodea, and...
  9. Rydeen

What are you playing?

I don’t think I could say I’m a hardcore Falcom fan. I mainly just like looking back at Japanese games historically, and I’m a big fan Yoshio Kiya’s work because he’s wildly talented engineer, like YS, and functionally laid the groundwork for Zelda and Metroid with Dragon Slayer and Xanadu...
  10. Rydeen

What are you playing?

I’m a big fan of the Dragon Slayer series, and quite enjoyed the original Legend of Heroes and Legend of Heroes II (final boss of that one is an experience) on the Mega Drive. Without Yoshio Kiya, I find Falcom to be kind of dull, though. So I haven’t really played any later LoH games. About 10...
  11. Rydeen

Petition to get Shenmue on iOS and android

I think it’s probably even more of a non-starter than a Switch version, honestly.
  12. Rydeen

Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Plum blossoms: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prunus_mume
  13. Rydeen

I've been playing the backer beta now for 7 HOURS (!!!!), and it still seems to be sending me to another mission, so at this point I'm thinking I'm just going to stop and wait for the full release. The beta is on Steam, and I'm getting my playing copy for GOG, but it's not really clear to me...
  14. Rydeen

Random Gaming Thoughts

Ah, np. Yeah, I was really not impressed by the presentation in Rising initially, either. The gameplay loop is also very rote, and it does very little on the story side. On the plus side, the action gameplay feels fairly good, and can be pretty fun, but it's also not all that diverse. I did...
  15. Rydeen

Random Gaming Thoughts

I 100%ed Rising, but I get why you wouldn't have been too excited about it. I really only found it to be just okay. It made more sense to me (and I was a bit relieved) once I finished it and saw from the credits that basically none of the Eiyuden staff really worked on Rising. It was almost...
Back