Recent content by RyoHazuki36

1. RyoHazuki36

Nonaka-san in anime?

Oh ok, thanks for checking! If he is in fact their sensei, then it's highly likely that he's Nonaka-san, but of course there's no confirmation.
  2. RyoHazuki36

Nonaka-san in anime?

I watched the subbed version of episode 1 on Crunchyroll when it was first released, and was hoping they'd say that the old man with the glasses and suit with Ryo's karate team was Nonaka-san. Here's a picture of the man...
  3. RyoHazuki36

Have You Seen Me? Possibly Missing NPC in Shenmue II

Yeah I really think he may be a secret character. The games have so many neat very hidden secrets that every player couldn't possibly find unless they found out about them on the internet or the guide books. Like I don't think anyone would know about the Izumi and Eileen fights and the duck...
  4. RyoHazuki36

Has anyone tried seeing if he appears as a Lucky Hit customer in Kowloon? Maybe he could be a passersby character there too. If he's not appearing in Wan Chai or Aberdeen, then that maybe could be the reason.
  5. RyoHazuki36

Sorry if I'm not supposed to bump this topic! I just wanted to share my thoughts on the mystery of this NPC and what the truth could be. Since the game's files have a code to trigger him and he's actually listed in the Perfect Guide Book, I'm wondering if encountering him is one of those super...
  6. RyoHazuki36

Another possible censorship first featured in the Xbox version of Shenmue II

Yeah the change was made for the original Xbox version. I'm not sure if the change is still intact in the remaster, but I bet it probably is since they used the Xbox version as the base for the remaster.
  7. RyoHazuki36

Yeah I've played the DC, Xbox and remaster versions and when I played the DC and Xbox versions years before the remaster even came out, I had no idea there were so many different texture changes in the Xbox version. I first saw some of the differences on the old Shenmue Dojo site years ago...
  8. RyoHazuki36

I do not know if this is widely known, and if it is I apologize, but I came across an interesting post from Shenmue 2 Differences (@Shen2Diffs) on Twitter that showed something I had no idea about until now: Looks like another small censorship that was actually first featured in the Xbox...
  9. RyoHazuki36

Least favorite song in the Shenmue series?

I really love most of the music in the series, but if I had to pick one I really didn't like, it'd have to be the Niaowu theme in Shenmue III. Idk why it was just annoying to me when I was playing the game...
  10. RyoHazuki36

English dub : Why so much hatred?

The trick to succeed this QTE is to press the combination while it's being demonstrated. After you hear the first sound when it pops up, press left, right, A. Works everytime for me, and I've never had trouble with it again.
  11. RyoHazuki36

I believe the blur is gone if you play it on the Xbox 360. Same with the bloom lighting effect at night time.
  12. RyoHazuki36

Well out of all the versions of the game made, it's clearly the worst. The Xbox version makes up for what's wrong with it for the fun snapshot feature and the ability to save 10 saves. The remaster has a full Japanese dub that is actually how it's supposed to be and also the English dub on top...
  13. RyoHazuki36

Interview from 2000 with Shenmue's martial arts director & Masaya Matsukaze

I thought he was going to go because he knew Ryo was reckless and because he and Master Chen wanted to know what Lan Di was doing.
  14. RyoHazuki36

Oh ok. Thanks for letting me know. I thought that could be the case that it wasn't actually in the game.
  15. RyoHazuki36

I thought there was a phone conversation in III where he said "my leg is better and I'm coming". Although I heard it in the Eric Kelso voice mod, so I don't know if he did that just for the mod. I read on a old site and I think maybe it's also on the Shenmue II Dreamcast discs when you put them...
Back