Recent content by Sappharad

1. Sappharad

A Gamer's Journey (Shenmue Documentary) goes to Kickstarter

Mine that arrived last week (US) was the signed tier, although there were no signatures anywhere to be found on the disc, case or inserts. I don't care though. I watched it on Sunday and was pleased with the improvements they made after the draft that they screened a while back. It really came...
  2. Sappharad

Just wanted to follow up, my Blu Ray and poster arrived today, directly from Canada. Looks like things are still moving.
  3. Sappharad

It's over a month later, but based on comments on the KS page several US backers including me are still waiting and haven't heard anything. I had actually completely forgotten and was reminded late last week that these were shipping back in July. I'm not too worried about it, but I'm hoping we...
  4. Sappharad

Many Mysteries Of Miao Village Finally Unfold

Excellent job finding this stuff @LanDC and going through all of that dialogue just to pick out the good stuff! I went through thousands of textures looking for maps, signs, or any new visual reference to Miao Village and there wasn't anything. I never even considered subtitles a possibility...
  5. Sappharad

Random Shenmue III Thoughts

You could cap the PC version to 60fps by setting your monitor to 60hz in Windows Display settings. PS5 VRR support does not apply to PS4 games, only PS5 games. (Even if the force VRR option is on, if it's a PS4 game it's not applicable) Shenmue 3 would require a PS5 version to run over 60fps.
  6. Sappharad

What Tracks from the Shenmue 3 OST Are New?

Thanks for the updated spreadsheet. I've merged it into the wiki page, credited everyone on top, and made some minor corrections.
  7. Sappharad

Unreleased Shenmue II US Dreamcast Prototype

I did effectively that 6 years ago by patching the EU version to remove the region check on save files: https://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=49245
  8. Sappharad

*Request* Ryo's beta model over Ryo's final model in the dreamcast version.

When you're rebuilding a GDI, your goal is to only modify the part you want to change. Each disc of Shenmue 1 contains 6 tracks. Tracks 1 and 2 are the ones you can see if you put the original disc into a PC, Track 3 is part one of the file data. Tracks 4 and 5 are the AM2 and YS music jingles...
  9. Sappharad

Random Shenmue III Thoughts

No, not exactly. The user was referring to an exploit that they patched, where an item could be sold back to pawn shops for more than it cost to buy, so you could keep buying and selling it to get more money. I don't remember the item, but they fixed the price so you couldn't do this anymore.
  10. Sappharad

Shenmue 1 US>PAL save convert not doing it

It varies on a game by game basis, but I don't know of any game other than Shenmue with this problem. They might exist. Part of the problem is that the file name for the save file is the same for all regions despite the file having region lockout. In cases of other games, they changed the file...
  11. Sappharad

Shenmue III and PS5 Boost Mode

I mentioned the load times in the video description but I forgot to add any remarks here. I suspect that the internal SSD is intentionally being throttled on PS4 games for compatibility reasons, since you can see both load times are slightly faster on my external USB-C SSD which is actually a...
  12. Sappharad

There's no reason to. External USB SSD versus Internal SSD doesn't impact frame rate, just load times. I went with the Internal SSD for the PS4 vs PS5 footage because more people will probably run from the internal storage anyway. External SSD's are still pretty uncommon. I actually do have a...
  13. Sappharad

Here is the comparison between PS4 Pro (with SSD) and PS5:
  14. Sappharad

I wish I had stock PS4 HDD footage to provide a direct comparison, but alas I never re-captured any before selling my PS4. Given there was some interest those, I've recaptured the PS4 Pro footage I posted twice on PS5 - once via external SSD (which happens to be the exact SSD that was inside my...
  15. Sappharad

Are you not installed to the internal SSD? This looks far worse than when I showed the game running on a PS4 Pro with an internal SSD. BTW, If there's really a strong interest I can do the same video again on my PS5 and hook up a frame rate graph to both, but the PS5 one won't be very interesting.
Back