Recent content by Sappharad

1. Sappharad

Shenmue Dragon And Phoenix Collection

Impressive work, congratulations on your announcement!
  2. Sappharad

Random Shenmue III Thoughts

No, not exactly. The user was referring to an exploit that they patched, where an item could be sold back to pawn shops for more than it cost to buy, so you could keep buying and selling it to get more money. I don't remember the item, but they fixed the price so you couldn't do this anymore.
  3. Sappharad

Shenmue 1 US>PAL save convert not doing it

It varies on a game by game basis, but I don't know of any game other than Shenmue with this problem. They might exist. Part of the problem is that the file name for the save file is the same for all regions despite the file having region lockout. In cases of other games, they changed the file...
  4. Sappharad

Shenmue III and PS5 Boost Mode

I mentioned the load times in the video description but I forgot to add any remarks here. I suspect that the internal SSD is intentionally being throttled on PS4 games for compatibility reasons, since you can see both load times are slightly faster on my external USB-C SSD which is actually a...
  5. Sappharad

There's no reason to. External USB SSD versus Internal SSD doesn't impact frame rate, just load times. I went with the Internal SSD for the PS4 vs PS5 footage because more people will probably run from the internal storage anyway. External SSD's are still pretty uncommon. I actually do have a...
  6. Sappharad

Here is the comparison between PS4 Pro (with SSD) and PS5:
  7. Sappharad

I wish I had stock PS4 HDD footage to provide a direct comparison, but alas I never re-captured any before selling my PS4. Given there was some interest those, I've recaptured the PS4 Pro footage I posted twice on PS5 - once via external SSD (which happens to be the exact SSD that was inside my...
  8. Sappharad

Are you not installed to the internal SSD? This looks far worse than when I showed the game running on a PS4 Pro with an internal SSD. BTW, If there's really a strong interest I can do the same video again on my PS5 and hook up a frame rate graph to both, but the PS5 one won't be very interesting.
  9. Sappharad

What Tracks from the Shenmue 3 OST Are New?

This doesn't help you completely, but it should give an idea. Last year I did this analysis on the files in the game. Out of 287 music files in the game data (a handful being duplicated, unused, or omitted from the soundtrack for other reasons) there were 130 files not tied to a previous game or...
  10. Sappharad

Shenmue III The Definitive Soundtrack is coming to digital, CD & vinyl starting November

This is not what I was implying at all and it wouldn't be Dan's fault. An audio engineer who remasters a modern music track is typically just tuning it so that it sounds good on a wide variety of hardware. They're effectively doing things you could do with an equalizer in an audio player like...
  11. Sappharad

Shenmue III The Definitive Soundtrack is coming to digital, CD & vinyl starting November

I tagged Brave Wave Productions about this on Friday but given it was the start of the weekend, they probably haven't had a chance to see it. The digital version of the soundtrack is based on the same bad copy of the master track for "Dragon Street Night" that Shenmue 3 used. There is an...
  12. Sappharad

That's not HDR. The PS5 leaves HDR turned on by default at all times, even for games that don't support it. For games that don't have HDR, everything is just forced to "default" brightness, which I can't find the actual value for but it's generally brighter than most TVs will be normally...
  13. Sappharad

Shenmue I Re-Release 16:9 Cutscenes Fix

The way it works in Shenmue II would make that very awkward. MGS2 and MGS3's cutscenes are distinct from the gameplay and you can do it there without any impact. But Shenmue 2 switches aspect ratios on the fly during interactive cutscenes. For example, consider the Wong chase at the beginning of...
  14. Sappharad

Is Shenmue 3 modable?

LemonHaze already answered your question. Almost anything can be done if someone programs it, with varying difficulty. You are less likely to find people willing to do things for you than you are to find people who can came up with thousands of ideas that no one wants to work on. Logic...
  15. Sappharad

Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Here's a random video that I meant to post about 9 months ago: It was my intention to do a comparison, but I couldn't get anyone with a stock PS4 Pro who wanted to record similar footage to do a side-by-side. In short, with an internal SSD Niaowu takes under 30 seconds to load. (Timing starts...