Recent content by schoolboy

1. S

Random Shenmue Thoughts

I told y'all. I dare say Goldman in House of the Dead 2 was a better performance. It would've been hilarious if once you selected the English audio a message popped up that said "Are you sure? Japanese audio is strongly recommended for the best experience." or something along those lines.
  2. S

Random Shenmue Thoughts

Forgot to mention I liked Lan Di's bit in English even though he only had 1 line. I don't think it was the same actor from the first game but he did a fine job. Also forgot to mention how godawful Wong was. Tbf he's a bit irritating in Japanese too but nowhere near as bad as the English dub...
  3. S

Random Shenmue Thoughts

Lmao yeah the guy that sounds like Mickey Mouse, he's a dishonorable mention but I swear these other dopes I mentioned are even worse if you can believe it.
  4. S

Random Shenmue Thoughts

Some thoughts/bit of a rant after playing through these games for like the 5th time I think since they came out in 2018. I wish the thugs at the alley going into the Heartbeats Bar and inside the bar itself weren't such recurrent characters in the game. It's awesome when you take them on the...
  5. S

Random Shenmue Thoughts

Say what? Could've sworn I just had to finish at the top of the leaderboard, oh well, thanks for clarifying.
  6. S

Random Shenmue Thoughts

What the hell? I just beat the high score on Hang-On in Shenmue II and the guy didn't give me the toy. It seemed a bit harder than in Shenmue I for some reason unless I'm going crazy. Anyway, I'm gonna assume this is normal and it happens in the OG Xbox version too? Don't tell me it's bugged...
  7. S

Random Shenmue Thoughts

Ok, got it. I remember when I attempted to beat Hang-On and kept using one credit only, because I'm dumb lol. Too bad I have yet to beat it. I tried really hard, too. It's so cheap how you pretty much have no chance to beat the night level unless you crash into that one letter and even then I've...
  8. S

Random Shenmue Thoughts

I beat OutRun, first arcade game I've ever beaten in Shenmue. These games are hard as nails. I know why, because you were meant to keep putting in coins to try again and again but damn! My path was right, left, right, left. Got ending C with the magic lamp, 13000560 points. Weird it says I...
  9. S

Random Shenmue Thoughts

Phew... Finally beat the Space Harrier top score in Shenmue I with 10085770 points, game over about 10 seconds into stage 9. It was extremely difficult just beating the top score and I only made it like halfway through, I imagine you have to be godlike at this game to actually finish it, lol.
  10. S

General Shenmue & Shenmue II talk

I also played Shenmue I in Japanese recently and it was nice but man it had problems with those constant popping noises, and Chai is awful in Japanese. Didn't really care for Master Chen's Japanese voice either.
  11. S

You don't? Huh, weird. Yes it has to be after you do those things, nothing happens before that. But I assume it's more likely to happen when it's raining I guess? The second time I did the birthday quest I did it without transferring a Shenmue I save. I wasn't sure if it would be possible...
  12. S

This is a helpful guide but a couple of things: You can do these on the same day. After you get the info from Eileen immediately go to Three Blades street and you'll get the cutscene. Are you talking about the one where you save her from the two thugs? It doesn't trigger until saving Zhang and...
  13. S

Shenmue I & II Issues & Bugs Thread: Shenmue Dojo Part 2

I got both of the Mr. Yukawa figures in my last playthrough of Shenmue I and when I transferred the save to Shenmue II I noticed they were no longer in my collection. Why? Is it a bug or did they do that on purpose just like the cassette player/tapes disappearing.
  14. S

PS082 is... kind of fixed. You can now use the left analog stick but there's still no music. Have you gotten the bottom of the "New Year's music" yet? If it's also on the DC version?
  15. S

Ah, ok. One song that bothers me a lot is the antique store, yuck. Re-release (It's timestamped) DC/Xbox
Back