Recent content by shadowreaper

1. S

Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

The problem with a reboot is that puts a huge amount of pressure on the success of the reboot. If Shenmue 4 is made and fails the reboot is always an option. If they make a reboot now and it fails the series is dead dead.
  2. S

If Shenmue 3 is any indication Yu Suzuki is going to make the game he wants as long as he has money to make it. I don’t think anyone is going to force him to do A, B or C because of any certain reason. That’s all I’ll say.
  3. S

Black market import.
  4. S

As long as I can play it on my Dreamcast in heaven, yes.
  5. S

I don’t know if there is an issue with Yu not having an “in” in Sega. I think it’s a matter of funding the game. Sega seems more than happy to let Yu make a Shenmue game. They’re just not going to help pay for it. If anything I’m hoping a new Virtua Fighter will rekindle interest in the...
  6. S

After this year we should mobilize to do some sort of “Finish the Shenmue story in another medium” campaign(horrible name, I know).
  7. S

Yeah, it’s normal. They could have added a DNS record if they changed their website CMS or something. And they registered the domain in April of 2022 and it expires(and will likely renew) in April of this year.
  8. S

I honestly don’t think “no news is good news” in this case. YSnet isn’t going to broadcast that it laid its staff off. And I doubt any media sites would be watching for that. I don’t know what happened between the conclusion of Shenmue 3’s development and Air Twister but unless they’ve been...
  9. S

We all want a game. But I just don’t think it’s realistic anymore. I don’t want a Kentaro Miura situation. From all I’ve heard Kouji Mori, who is continuing Berserk, was best friends with Miura and knew how the story would go. I have no idea if there is anyone else who would intimately know the...
  10. S

I wish the fans could unify and let Yu know we just want the story told even if we can’t play it, if the majority feels that way.
  11. S

To what extent does SEGA have the rights to Shenmue's name?

It isn’t a matter of conditions or wages or who came up with the story. Sega owns the IP. When someone works for a company any work they do while “on the clock” for the company belongs to that company.
  12. S

If they really are investing $800 million there has to be something in there for Shenmue. Every list I looked at with Sega’s top IPs included Shenmue.
  13. S

If Sega is doing a Shenmue 0 there is a certain expectation of the level of quality it should have. All these games like Altered Beast, House of the Dead, etc. weren’t know for their groundbreaking graphics and gameplay. Shenmue, especially the first one, was an absolutely a stunning game and...
  14. S

I agree it would be a waste of money but Sega seems to be revisiting their old IPs.
  15. S

If they don’t have any concrete plans by end of 2024 I think it’s time to look at some other type of game or a whole different medium. We’re almost to the point where dwindling time is going to be a major factor. We know it will take at bare minimum two more games, probably three. There’s likely...
Back