Recent content by ShaunHastings

1. ShaunHastings

110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

110 know what they are doing with these tweets so if this turns out to be yet again absolutely nothing then they need to stop messing with us and just drop it. Any goodwill they have with the Shenmue community will be gone.
  2. ShaunHastings

12 Riveting Shenmue Development Revelations | Morio Ashizuka

Also, I wonder why Yu Suzuki thought Chai would be popular with women when Guizhang is right there :LOL:
  3. ShaunHastings

12 Riveting Shenmue Development Revelations | Morio Ashizuka

After all this time I never realised blue tracksuit guy was in the Shenmue II opening multiple times, next time I do a play through I'm going to be on the lookout for him! Poor Fuku-san...:crying::LOL:
  4. ShaunHastings

Least favorite song in the Shenmue series?

Offhand the one that comes to mind that I always skip is the wealthy couple theme tune in Shenmue III...
  5. ShaunHastings

Buy Shenmue & Shenmue II Here (Deals)

Shenmue I & II (both games bundled together) is currently £4.99 on Xbox/Windows through the Xbox store as part of the Christmas sale https://www.xbox.com/en-gb/games/store/shenmue-i-ii/bzzp5hfc3pgj - Xbox https://www.xbox.com/en-gb/games/store/shenmue-i-ii/9nxqq04pb82t - Windows
  6. ShaunHastings

Unreleased Shenmue II US Dreamcast Prototype

"Lad Di" is my favourite Shenmue character.
  7. ShaunHastings

Another LBGT character in II that was localized to be straight (A Random NPC)

It's so weird that his full name is not in any of the Japanese guidebooks, yet the full names for Wong, Sam, Larry, and Cool Z are there. Why would they omit Yuan's? It's interesting to see the actual source of the Ewan name though. So presumably, as our original English language versions on...
  8. ShaunHastings

Another LBGT character in II that was localized to be straight (A Random NPC)

This is really interesting, I hadn't come across this conversation before. There must be so many little snippets of interesting character dialogue like this but you just have to talk to the right character at the right time.
  9. ShaunHastings

Season 2 officially cancelled (for now)

I think Suzuki would have to be very careful about any sort of announcement that was along the lines of what will be happening with Shenmue ending if there are no more games coming. That kind of announcement will be interpreted by certain media as giving up on it and admitting the series has no...
  10. ShaunHastings

The future of Shenmue merch

I'd like to see: Full art book - containing sketch drawings, and not just cgi rendered artwork we've already seen. Already mentioned here but a full guide book for all 3 games, which contains all the detailed information on characters and locations Nendoroid figures Rubber chibi style keychains...
  11. ShaunHastings

I think most people of course want the series to continue and conclude through games, but if it ever turned out that for some reason it was just never going to happen that way, not just in a "oh I guess it's cheaper to do it in anime/book/whatever form, let's just do that" but in a sense that a...
  12. ShaunHastings

110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

I suppose that is the small glimmer of hope, if they have nothing to do with Shenmue why are they still teasing us about it after all this time. I'm not going to buy their other games just because they claim to be working on Shenmue and if it turns out they were just lying for attention this...
  13. ShaunHastings

Such a ridiculous and sad situation, given that the anime did well as far as we are lead to believe, and this is an anime which has hardly any merch to back up its success. It does beg the question, where is the merch?? As far as I know a lot of anime lives and dies by its merch sales and...
  14. ShaunHastings

Many Mysteries Of Miao Village Finally Unfold

Thank you for the amazing insights :hearteyes:
  15. ShaunHastings

Many Mysteries Of Miao Village Finally Unfold

I double-checked and I was wrong, at least, I can't find any in White Dynasty Quarter, but I did find a couple I could knock on in Lucky Charm Quarter, but nobody answered. So never mind, I was wrong! I don't want to derail the thread :coldsweat:
Back