Recent content by SickOctopus

1. SickOctopus

Match the quote to the character

Tao San's wife? Can't remember her name.
  2. SickOctopus

Kickstarter Rewards Pictures

Not sure if this is allowed on the forums, but I still have my extra artbook and soundtrack, if anyone's interested. Was going to sell them on eBay, but I'm wary of being scammed (tracking is quite expensive here), plus, I'd rather let someone here have it instead. If interested, just PM me...
  3. SickOctopus

Recent Gaming Purchases

Bit late, but finally decided to buy Ghost of Tsushima. Always been meaning to try it out, but haven't gotten around to it. Priced pretty nicely on Amazon at the moment, at about £30. Also picked up a copy of Yakuza 7/Like a Dragon. Again, really good price, about £27.
  4. SickOctopus

Shenmue World Issue 1 Kickstarter!

Finally backed this just now. Would have liked to have backed it on day one, but been too lazy. Really glad to see this project has smashed its goal, and I'm sure getting the whole series out won't be a problem. Fair play to James for the brilliant work he's put into this, and also for not...
  5. SickOctopus

I have to say, as well, apart from the game sleeve, I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality of the rewards, overall. My expectations were pretty much rock-bottom, but all things considered, it all worked out quite well. I'd even go as far as to say that the artbook and CD soundtrack are on par...
  6. SickOctopus

Just received my artbook, CD and figurine today. Oddly, though, I received two packages of each. I'll keep the toys, as they're both different, but might try sticking the extra book and CD on eBay and see what happens, not that I'm expecting to get much for them.
  7. SickOctopus

Next Generation Thoughts

For the first time, I actually don't think I'm going to bother this generation, at least not for a few years. When I do, I'll probably opt for the PS5 when it's gone down in price or has a Pro/slim model. Been drifting more towards PC gaming over the past year or so, anyway, so going to invest...
  8. SickOctopus

Coronavirus

One of the scariest things to come from this situation is just how many people are peddling these dangerous conspiracy theories on social media. It seems like almost everyone on my Facebook suddenly thinks they're qualified to broadcast their medical opinion. They're also quite happy to dispute...
  9. SickOctopus

Coronavirus

Just got news that my grandfather now has it. Caught it while he was in hospital. Frankly, I'm not too optimistic, as he's 78 and has serious difficulties with his breathing. Worried about my mum and sister as well, as they've been in close contact with him.
  10. SickOctopus

What TV shows are you watching?

Recently started watching 24. It's one of many shows I've been meaning to try, but for some reason, not got around to it. Anyway, I'm hooked. Already on season 7.
  11. SickOctopus

Backer Copies | General Thread & Shipping Information

Also finally received mine just now. Just finished installing the game from the disc. Now just waiting for the patch to finish downloading. In the meantime, contemplating whether to sneak a look at the game or wait.
  12. SickOctopus

Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Yeah, as far as I understand, that black jacket is included with the Digital Deluxe, but not the season pass itself. I might be wrong, though. The only bonus DLC (aside from what's in the season pass) I care about having is the jacket, kenpogi training outfit and the move scroll. Couldn't care...
  13. SickOctopus

Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Sorry if this has been asked already, but is anyone able to confirm whether or not the DLC included with the Day One edition (specifically the training outfit) or Digital Deluxe are obtainable in-game or will be available to buy separately at a later date? I'd research it myself, but nervous...
  14. SickOctopus

Has anyone NOT played Shenmue III yet?

Me. Still waiting for my backer copy to come. It might have arrived today if it weren't a bloody bank holiday. Giving some serious thought to just buying it from PSN.
  15. SickOctopus

Backer Copies | General Thread & Shipping Information

Package has just left customs and is being handed over to my nearby post office. That's great, but it just has to be a bank holiday in Japan today (Saturday), doesn't it? Fucking typical. No-one's fault, but that doesn't make it any less frustrating. I'm going to have to download it, I don't...
Back