Recent content by Sman

1. S

Random Shenmue III Thoughts

It's cool they got the original voice actors for Ryo. But I don't get how Ryo in the game looks nothing like he did on the first two Shenmue games. Not even passport level faces 20 years after. It just looks off and fan made. Same goes with Shen Hua and Lan Di. At least the environments look ok.
  2. S

Do you prefer Shenmue or Shenmue II?

In Shenmue you can pet a kitty. In Shenmue II you can only say to a girl that she looks like that kitty in Shenmue.
  3. S

How about a game of lucky hit? That job is there.
  4. S

Random Shenmue Thoughts

That could have been interesting. But I think the reason we have to do it with an underaged girl instead is so Ryo can not pursue the relationship and thus not undermine the revenge plot that drives the series. Same reason why Nozomi is shipped off to Canada; Ryo can not be distracted except...
  5. S

You move crates for one day. One Shenmue Day that is. One Shenmue morning to be exact. Then completely optional. Forklifting was maybe more fun but it was forced and everyday once you get a job at the harbour.
  6. S

About the same for both gamea. Shenmue is more immersive, intimate and interactive. Part II is bigger and has more streamlined gameplay. IMO both games 'blow their loads' a bit too early as I find the first environments more interesting (Dobuita and HK) then what follows (harbour and...
  7. S

Random Shenmue Thoughts

Maybe that's what happened to Mark's little brother. Just an accident in a badly run harbour. Mad Angels had nothing to do with it.
  8. S

Random Shenmue Thoughts

Does the update affect previous saved see games?
  9. S

Random Shenmue Thoughts

Been replaying the 2 games in the HD rerelease. Shen 1 started real slow, felt stretched too, but I still love the atmosphere of the game, especially Dobuita. Shen 2 gets down to business quickly, but felt off in the first few hours in, but you get used to it and gameplay is mostly refined...
Back