Recent content by spud1897

1. spud1897

Shenmue Dojo Interviews: Esra Krabbe

Hello, thanks for listening as always. You've summed things up perfectly in terms of the content and it does raise some difficult points. My concern on a personal level is that YS wants to start again and make a revolutionary game with Shenmue 4 but we all know the budget is likely to be...
  2. spud1897

Shenmue Dojo Interviews: Esra Krabbe

Next in our series of Shenmue Dojo Interviews we sit down with IGN Japan journalist and Shenmue fanatic Esra Krabbe! We go through Esra's early days in gaming, discuss how Shenmue LITERALLY inspired his entire life and career path & hopes for Shenmue 4 and the series going forward. Follow...
  3. spud1897

General Impressions

On a side note, welcome to the forums!
  4. spud1897

[RELEASED] Shenmue 3 Kiwami Overhaul

I'll download this later and have a play around with it. Definitely appreciate the work and like someone said above the music changes could be worth teaming up on. The fighting camera looks particularly interesting in comparison to the standard one. What I will say, being a little presumptious...
  5. spud1897

Music change for Shenmue 3 (in progress) (Alpha 0.2 released)

Looking really really good. Can't wait for more of this when it is ready.
  6. spud1897

Shenmue Dojo Show - Episode 4: Those Burning Questions!

Glad you enjoyed it. James does a cracking job with the videos. With, presumably, two games left there is so much to cram in and I wonder how they will choose what goes in. I maintain that Shenmue III's systems aren't far off at all so if they really nail the story in the 4th and 5th games we...
  7. spud1897

Music change for Shenmue 3 (in progress) (Alpha 0.2 released)

Really nice work, it's actually something James and I were discussing for a Podcast episode down the line. Keep it up
  8. spud1897

How confident of you in your singing?

I'm horrendous, there's a reason I play Bass!
  9. spud1897

Shenmue IV Will Happen - Here's Why!

This was before I spoke to Cedric and it was relatively non-descriptive in what they were doing. so I can only assume, after Cedric's interview, that they were working on the Shenmue 4 pitch. However I have always (as have others) begged the question of how the hell are they keeping the...
  10. spud1897

Unless anything has changed from when I spoke to Ryan last year, Yu Suzuki had a team continuing working at YSNET and on payroll.
  11. spud1897

So then by moving the scale a 7 isn't considered/interpreted by people as a solid game anymore? Or have I missed what you're getting at?
  12. spud1897

Exactly and that in turn stifles developers being creative by conforming to the tried and tested AAA model. I really enjoyed Ghost of Tsushima but at it's core, barring some nice little things like the wind being your waypoint, it was largely what we have had before. I really wish these big...
  13. spud1897

7/10 is considered rubbish these days. Back when I was a kid 7/10 was considered a solid game with some flaws.
  14. spud1897

Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

Cedric is a legend.
  15. spud1897

Would You Rather... (Combat Question)

Really looking forward to seeing all the work you're going through coming together. Keep it up