Recent content by SteelyDan

1. SteelyDan

Recent Gaming Purchases

Full respect to the likes of yourself who have these awesome collections. I also really like how you choose to showcase Shenmue II's cover, which in my non-biased opinion is the greatest video game cover of all time.
  2. SteelyDan

Recent Gaming Purchases

Off the top of my head, I am 99.9% sure that it was the first game. I don't think the UK government appreciated that there was a release, but I am pretty certain they didn't ban it - unlike its predecessor.
  3. SteelyDan

Recent Gaming Purchases

That sounds very interesting - I oughta look into it and give it a go! Manhunt was actually banned for a while here in the UK. It's game I've never got round to playing until now. How highly do you rate the game and its sequel?
  4. SteelyDan

Recent Gaming Purchases

I've been busy lately with buying older titles... Beatdown: Fists of Vengeance (PS2) Fight Night Round 2 (GameCube) Manhunt (PS2) X-Men Destiny (PS3) X-Men Next Dimension (GameCube) WCW Backstage Assault (PS1) WWE Day of Reckoning 2 (GameCube)
  5. SteelyDan

Judgement Series

It sounds awesome! It would be even better if the lights went out mid-brawl and Giant Baba came in smoking a cigar and dressed to the nines, followed by Misawa, Kawada, Kobashi and Taue (with someone like Akiyama as back-up). Let’s get some All Japan representation, baby! A man can dream!
  6. SteelyDan

What are you playing?

Thanks! Unfortunately, I’ve not heard too many good things about it. The general consensus I picked up is that its a cash grab, half-baked mode with limited features - the universe mode is better for the booking aspect, apparently.
  7. SteelyDan

What are you playing?

For the WWE 2K22 players - how is the GM mode? I haven’t bought the game yet but I’m tempted to. I will admit that I was pretty disappointed by their roster. They have so much talent (including names from the past) that they could include but it appears they haven’t. Also, it looks a bit...
  8. SteelyDan

Judgement Series

No need to apologise at all - this is a super helpful post, especially for someone like myself who hasn’t played the Yakuza series yet! I’m pretty sure other people on the forum will be in the same boat as well. So thank you for spending the time to post it. I can also understand your...
  9. SteelyDan

Judgement Series

Thanks Truck! Likewise, the same to you. It was clear for me from the moment that Yagami got entrenched into the school debacle, that the game would revolve around real-life themes. It was quite the contrast from the first game, which was more like a hunt for a figure that reminded me of Jack...
  10. SteelyDan

Judgement Series

*Warning: this contains spoilers* In the last few months I’ve completed Judgment and recently completed LJ, but I’m yet to scratch the surface in terms of the side missions on LJ - thankfully! What a fantastic and memorable two games. I enjoyed both stories, but I think the first one edges...
  11. SteelyDan

Guizhang in Hong Kong

I don't know why, but I always had some ill-fated hope that we would have seen Guizhang in Shenmue II. Since he stood out as one of my favourite characters in the first game, I kept him in mind when going into the second. If I remember correctly, I guessed that Ryo would be in danger at some...
  12. SteelyDan

(Top 5) Why you love Shenmue?

Hiki, thank you for your kind words in the opening! I am very happy to know that my thread last year inspired you to make your own version. This was an enjoyable read with lots of good points made, and it’s fascinating to know how the game touches you. It’s safe to say that you aren’t alone...
  13. SteelyDan

Why your username?

My favourite band of all-time and my first name, all in one.
  14. SteelyDan

Story ideas that I have for Shenmue III

Thanks to both of you for your kind words. That affinity system you speak of could have been really great. Thanks for telling me about that, I never knew of it until you mentioned it here. With my ideas I tried to stay true to the characters while also trying to come up with some creative...
Back