Recent content by the_phoenix_mirror

1. the_phoenix_mirror

Is Ryo's model from Shenmue 1 the same as the one in Shenmue 2?

Thanks for extracting the models LemonHaze it's much easier to point out the differences! One thing I noticed was the texture on Ryo's shoulders the flag type thing is a completely different size.
  2. the_phoenix_mirror

I found a video by Bluemue where he compares the darts minigame in Shenmue I & II and during the video you can see Ryo's face in both games at the same time.
  3. the_phoenix_mirror

I know this post seems pointless but I was curious because Ryo's model in Shenmue I seems kinda different to Shenmue II's.
  4. the_phoenix_mirror

Do you think there will be any deaths in Shenmue IV

I'd imagine Shenmue IV will be very story heavy like Shenmue II and combine a couple of Shenmue's chapters into 1 game to wrap up the series quickly. With that being said I could see a major death happening in the story, so do you think we will lose any important characters? My money is on Ren...
  5. the_phoenix_mirror

Development Log #4

I think I'm most likely forgetting something but where does this picture take place in Shenmue 1 or 2?
  6. the_phoenix_mirror

Do you think Shenmue IV will show up at E3

With E3 coming soon, do you think that the Shenmue series will make another appearance with the announcement of IV?
  7. the_phoenix_mirror

What are you playing?

I just started playing Persona 5 Royal. I'm only a few hours in, but I've been having fun so far.
  8. the_phoenix_mirror

Random Virtua Fighter RPG thoughts

Discuss anything about the cancelled Virtua Fighter RPG which ended up becoming Shenmue.
  9. the_phoenix_mirror

What Shenmue Anime Merch do you think will be available?

I could easily see a figma of Ryo being made.
  10. the_phoenix_mirror

Random Shenmue Thoughts

I have a theory as to why Ryo's hair isn't spiky at the neck area. When Shenmue switched from Saturn to Dreamcast it was still under the Virtua Fighter RPG concept for a few months. If you look inside the final release of Shenmue an unused model of Akira is present in the game files. Here's an...
  11. the_phoenix_mirror

Rare beta pics?

That temple is Shenhua's house in the flashback when she was a baby. This is a video of the flashback.
  12. the_phoenix_mirror

Random Shenmue Thoughts

I noticed in earlier screenshots of the game Ryo's hair is different in the back. Below is Ryo's final hair design were it is spiky at the neck area.
  13. the_phoenix_mirror

What's your favorite location in Shenmue II

I thought Aberdeen was apart of Wan Chai as well.
  14. the_phoenix_mirror

Unpopular Gaming Opinions

I prefer old 3d graphics of the ps1 days over new 3d graphics
  15. the_phoenix_mirror

How to extract .pak files?

What about 7-zip?