Recent content by Thomasina

1. Thomasina

Shenmue Character Models Based on Actual People

Great stuff. Looking at this kind of stuff evokes such a strong feeling of mystery and wonderment for me.
  2. Thomasina

General Impressions

All of this. Was Bailu always planned as a place you just stop by and don't learn anything? That was incredibly confusing to me after thinking Bailu was going to be the origins of everything. The epicenter of the story.
  3. Thomasina

General Impressions

I didn't really hang around here before shenmue 3 released, but up until that point I'd never seen a Shenmue fan say the story in the first 2 games wasn't anything special. It seems to be a pretty common opinion now around here. I'm surprised someone who holds this opinion would seek out a...
  4. Thomasina

Was Shenmue 3 comical compared to 1&2?

I hope you're not talking to me because I think S1 and S2 are phenomenal games and the stories are excellent. That's why I'm still here 20 years later. I think the actual voice work is good quality for the most part. I think Corey did well. I think the dialogue system incorporated into the...
  5. Thomasina

It's a video game. There has to be some structure to it for it to function. The goal is to investigate and we do so by going around talking to people. The oddness of it is due to many things - it's from 1999 so the tech is old as hell which makes the transitions from one person to another...
  6. Thomasina

Shenmue III Complete collectors edition

Haven't checked this for a while. Site says it's in production and will ship in Q2. https://limitedrungames.com/products/shenmue-iii-complete-edition-ps4?_pos=2&_sid=51d839097&_ss=r Production Status: In Production Estimated Ship Date: Q2 2021
  7. Thomasina

I don't think that at all about Shenmue 1 and 2.
  8. Thomasina

I cannot remove the horrors of the rock paper scissors game in Shenhua's house from my memory. That was one of the moments the game became a joke to me.
  9. Thomasina

Post pictures of your copy

I got mine in the mail today. I'm in Canada. I haven't had a chance to go through all of this yet but you should be really proud of yourself. This is an incredible accomplishment. I can't imagine the amount of work it's taken to bring all of this together and manage it all and ship it out...
  10. Thomasina

[VGC] Google Stadia backed out of deals for Yu Suzuki (and other devs like Hideo Kojima) to create exclusive games for Stadia

So... fake news? Why would someone just make this up? Yu Suzuki isn't particularly transparent so we'll still never know if this was even a thing or how far conversations went if they occurred at all. Wait, I've just scrolled through their channel and this appears to be a Stadio-specific...
  11. Thomasina

[VGC] Google Stadia backed out of deals for Yu Suzuki (and other devs like Hideo Kojima) to create exclusive games for Stadia

Jason Schreier recently released info saying google was paying 10s of millions just to have games ported to stadia. Wonder what kind of deal Ys Net was cooking up to make original games?... Makes me wonder if Ys would have been in a position to work on multiple games at a time. A million...
  12. Thomasina

Sifu - "a young Kung-Fu student on a path of revenge."

This developer, sloclap, released Absolver a couple years ago, which was pretty good but limited by online-only. Sifu looks exactly the same but this time single player. It looks pretty damn good. Definitely one to keep an eye on. And it comes out this year.
  13. Thomasina

Why did Shenmue 1 and 2 struggle to capture more of an audience?

Thanks. I made an account on Spotify and gave the Dojo show a follow. Dojo got me to do what Joe Rogan couldn't. A bit of confusion on my end here; I don't think anyone answered it, unless I missed it. Let me get this straight - you were going to share your personal thoughts in the 3rd Ryan...
  14. Thomasina

Why did Shenmue 1 and 2 struggle to capture more of an audience?

I checked the youtube channel. Was this from the Cedric Biscay interview? Are these interviews available on any podcasters like stitcher or sound cloud or something? I listen to tons of podcasts at work but don't have time to sit at home and have youtube on for an hour or more. You also said...