Recent content by titanium3819

1. titanium3819

Why the story in Shenmue 3 is good/Why the story in Shenmue 3 is bad

Yes, Master Bei asks you to defeat White Dragon from Wu Shen Hall. Guess that's why I was mistaken about Gold Tiger earlier. :p
  2. titanium3819

If I remember well, Master Sun asks you to fight in the Dojo until you beat White Tiger at least before (or after?) having you catch the chickens (maybe it was between two sessions, can't remember). In my playthrough I already had defeated him so I was able to go on without grinding, but I guess...
  3. titanium3819

Like many side characters Lin Shiling (aka broom girl) may be underexploited in the main plot and side quests, however I found that she's one of the few NPC that have quite interesting dialog lines to say at any point in the game (compared to Mr Hsu/Fat man for example). Some of them are even...
  4. titanium3819

Which systems/ideas from Shenmue 3 would you keep for Shenmue 4? Get rid of?

One thing I'd like the next game to improve: I liked the fact that we have to train Ryo and I found the mini-games for money-grinding rather entertaining. However I would have liked that some of them help Ryo gain levels in some specific areas. For example: - Wood chopping could help improve...
  5. titanium3819

Was the english voice acting necessary ?

I frankly hope they'll never ditch the english VO. If it were the case I'm not even sure I'd want to play the next Shenmue. I grew up watching my older brother play Shenmue I & II on Dreamcast, then played them myself on Dreamcast (I) & Xbox (II) and I was very amazed when I discovered that...
  6. titanium3819

Fishing Thread - Locations, Records & Tips

Hi! For that one fishing session I'm pretty sure I had the "red/blue/gold" rod (the one that was best in Bailu). I guess the name of that fish in english could be "Japanese Huchen", if that helps. Never tried to catch one again myself since I have now completed the game and fishing was more fun...
  7. titanium3819

Fishing Thread - Locations, Records & Tips

Hi there, Looking at the fishing spots lists in the first message of this thread, I can't seem to find any mention of this particular fish in the list of available fishes for each spot: Only caught one so I don't know if it's pretty rare or not but I found it behind the save Shenmue Temple by...
Back