Recent content by WuyingRen

1. WuyingRen

Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

Personally, I wouldn’t want to play a Shenmue game that wasn’t directed by Yu Suzuki, though I do think that the series would benefit from some new ideas if he ever gets the chance to make another game. It’s a tough one, really, as his singular approach is part of what makes his games so...
  2. WuyingRen

Sadly, I don’t think YS Net has the resources to hire somebody to focus exclusively on PR and community outreach. They’re down to just a handful of permanent staff at this point, from what I gather. At this point, I’m starting to lose hope that we’ll ever seen a conclusion to Ryo’s story, let...
  3. WuyingRen

What is your least favourite part in both games?

The story padding I can tolerate. It’s the way that players are forced to wait until certain in-game times to further advance the story that really grinds my gears. When I first played the game all those years ago this wasn’t really an issue, as there was plenty of exciting stuff to see and do...
  4. WuyingRen

What is your least favourite part in both games?

In Shenmue 1, the section between learning about the existence of Charlie and confronting him in the tattoo parlor in Dobuita. There’s just far too much forced waiting for my liking. As for Shenmue 2, when I was a kid, I’d have probably agreed with Ghost Hall Building, but now, I’m leaning more...
  5. WuyingRen

We’re going to be getting some Yu Suzuki-related news from TGA. I feel it in my bones.
  6. WuyingRen

Stretchgoal BS

Iirc, Shenhua gradually warms up to Ryo the more you interact with her, though this is only really evident in the Bailu section of the game. I think this was the rapport system. As for the advanced fighting system, perhaps they were initially planning something even more basic and what we got...
  7. WuyingRen

General Air Twister Talk

Looks like Amazon Japan are sold out of both standard versions and the Switch SE. There are still 20 copies of the PS5 SE in stock. I guess Japanese retailers like Joshin and Bic Camera have more faith than Amazon 😅
  8. WuyingRen

General Air Twister Talk

That’s what I thought. I didn’t look for the PS5 version as I already got the SE from Amazon, but they had a few copies of the Switch version in stock.
  9. WuyingRen

What happened to Zhao Sun Ming?

This seems the most likely outcome. Depending on how they handle the reveal, they could still explore Ryo having to come to terms with the fact that his father killed somebody too before eventually revealing that he had no choice.
  10. WuyingRen

General Air Twister Talk

Fair play to Inin games. They’re putting a lot of faith in this release. Not sure about the rest of the world, but we got a full retail release over here in Japan. Seeing it on store shelves earlier was a pleasant surprise. I’m a little gutted that they got rid of the leaderboards, but I can...
  11. WuyingRen

Perhaps. Or maybe it was Iwao who was corrupted by the mirrors? Either way, I’d like for Ryo to realize that the path that he’s currently walking is no different to the one that led to Lan Di killing Iwao. I guess that would kind of still work if Lan Di had been lied to, but I don’t think it...
  12. WuyingRen

I think it makes for a much better story if Iwao did kill Zhao.
  13. WuyingRen

Shenmue IV Will Happen - Here's Why!

Right you are. I sometimes wonder whether the original plan was for Sony to play a much bigger role during development than they ultimately did. Gio Corsi’s comments around the time of the Kickstarter would certainly suggest as much.
  14. WuyingRen

I’m sure there were one or two willfully ignorant pieces around the time, but from what I remember, most simply pointed out the complete lack of transparency that you yourself just acknowledged and questioned why Sony - a multibillion dollar company - was allowing a project that they were...
  15. WuyingRen

I’m not so sure that it was misinformation though. A few months after the Kickstarter ended, Yu Suzuki did an interview with Eurogamer, during which he seems to confirm that Sony provided some of the funding for Shenmue 3. I agree that the project would probably have made a lot more were it not...
Back