Recent content by Tornado Kick

1. T

SPOILERS - SHENMUE THE ANIMATION EPISODE 13 "SHENMUE" THREAD

I think I enjoyed the Lan Di confrontation there more than I did in 3. Might be lack of squeaky voiced English Language Lan Di from 3. Not sure if they'll do the same plot beat again in the 2nd season, but with a relative thin amount of material left for Season 2 I guess there will be a lot of...
  2. T

SPOILERS Shenmue The Animation Episode 8 "Aspiration" Thread

I think this was my favourite episode since the Yamagishi one. The last couple were spent setting up the characters, and this one starts to flesh out the world a little bit more, it doesn't feel as thinly spread as the previous ones. The episodes since Hong Kong have felt very much like set up...
  3. T

SPOILERS Shenmue The Animation Episode 3: Yin - Yang Thread

Theres potential spoilers on the rotten tomatoes website up to episode 5 synopsis. There's at least two more episodes before Shenmue 2.
  4. T

[Spoiler] Do you think we will visit Baisha in Shenmue IV?

My guess would be that plot contents of Baisha would be confronting Lan Di, losing the mirror to Naio Sun, having the Chi You Men civil war start. etc and it is all condensed into the fort part of Shenume 3, which is why it feels rushed and incomplete because it was massively condensed to fit...
  5. T

Impressions on the plot and the ending (only read if you finished the game)

One thing I was thinking about that was lacking from the first and the second was the random events that would occur from being at the right place at the right time. There were too many occasions in the Niaowu where rather than giving you the option to go home automatically it just forced you to...
  6. T

Hmm. I can't remember, but didn't the scroll have a mountain scene on it after the Niaowu one. Maybe it was meant to be "the one from the scroll".
  7. T

I think after finishing the game now, I'm in almost universal agreement with the majority of you. The ending massively soured me - up until about two hours before the end I'd have said that I enjoyed it more than 2 but less than 1, having played both again recently after the release of the HD...
  8. T

No predownloading?

My psn download shows a countdown to 12am GMT. I'm in the UK if it helps.
  9. T

YouTube pre-roll ad trailer.

I've tried F5ing it and I'm just getting different adverts. If I get it again I'll definitely grab the link.
  10. T

YouTube pre-roll ad trailer.

I've just seen it, I didn't realise people were tracking it down so went straight to the Shenmue youtube page to re-watch it and realised it isn't saved anywhere. Didn't realise it was like gold dust, I'm so sorry guys. It was randomly in Spanish, but the actual trailer dialog was in English...
  11. T

Who told the Chi You Men about the mirror

Yuanda Zhu considered Lan Di's father to be his best friend, so he may have some conflicted loyalties, but I personally think it's far more likely that Ryu just wanders around the village showing off the mirror looking for clues and it that info find's it way back to the Chi You Men who are...
Back