Recent content by Toua77

1. Toua77

Shenmue IV Will Happen - Here's Why!

I don't think it'll add up to anything significant, but there's a lot of people like me waiting for it to be finished in entirety before starting it. When they can sell it as a complete game I'll be in.
  2. Toua77

Rumours of a new Virtua Fighter to be revealed at the Game Awards.

VF6 system for Shenmue 4? A man can dream right?
  3. Toua77

The poetry scroll

31 is doing OCEAN's better than 46, especially as Lifer martial artists. You commonly see people still compete at that age in Combat Sports. You're gonna have a hard time of it finding competitive fighters at 46 (Bernard Hopkins and Randy Coutore being huge unicorns). Not only the physical...
  4. Toua77

The poetry scroll

Who knows. He was put in a rough spot, having to fight a monster while he's probably not in his physical prime. Lan-Di's not the type of opponent you can afford to give anything less than 110% effort against. While also focusing on protecting Ryo (And the rest of the family by extension). Maybe...
  5. Toua77

The poetry scroll

No way of knowing until we get there I suppose. I do think they missed an opportunity for exposition on it in S3 considering all the Martial Artists and old people Ryo interacts with. I'm thinking it'll turn out that it was the finishing move Lan-Di used on Iwao, cuz... poetic reasons n stuff...
  6. Toua77

IGN: Yu Suzuki Talks Shenmue 4, Air Twister, and 40 Years of Game Development

Might be irrational, but my concern is Yu is getting up there in age. He'll be in his 70s, before you know it, even though Japanese people have a higher life expectancy, we gotta get this done pretty soon. It can't be easy running a studio as a young person, let alone as a senior citizen.
  7. Toua77

[POLL] YS Net using AI to get Shenmue 4 made

As long as they can get it to work properly I'm here for it. I feel like this will be one of those things that sounds better on paper though. "Hey let's save on resources by getting these assets/voices generated". In reality it's probably gonna be some complex web of logic that takes more time...
  8. Toua77

110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

I guess that's a way to look at it, but I'd rather the game had sold, that way Yu would've had more leverage to stand on if he ever wanted to approach Apple for more work in the future. Companies as big as Apple take little losses just to promote things all the time, so it very well could be the...
  9. Toua77

A bit confused. So does Yu Suzuki have a relationship with 110 industries? They're just a publisher right?
  10. Toua77

Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

What does more accessible to newer fans look like for you guys?
  11. Toua77

I really liked Air Twister. It captured a lot of the fever dream feel of Space Harrier. With a little bit of Panzer Dragoon or *insert your fave rail shooter*. I rock & roll with Suzuki period.
  12. Toua77

Spoilers Shenmue The Animation: Episode 1 - Thunderclap - Thread

I saw Yu's name as one of the first people on the English dub(If not THE first).
  13. Toua77

I wish I could view this thru the lens of someone who knows zero about the games. It's definitely condensed, but I wonder did the story progression feel natural to newcomers. It's never gonna feel quite right to us who have only consumed the game for over 2 decades.
  14. Toua77

Can't wait to rewatch this in Japanese. I'll turn on the English dub every week to boost, but it seems Japanese is prolly the way to go(As a loyal Shenmue English dub enjoyer).
  15. Toua77

Felt like it moved a bit quick, particularly during the Iwao vs Lan Di fight. They could've prolly cut that karate tourney(But I guess that's the story beat for explaining that Ryo's a badass without needing to go into exhausting detail). English voice over is meh for me personally. Not...
Back