Recent content by TwiceFriedRice

1. TwiceFriedRice

SPOILERS Shenmue The Animation Episode 4: Shackles Thread

Was it wise for Roy to just leave a Mad Angels thug alone on his doorstep, especially after pissing him off?
  2. TwiceFriedRice

SPOILERS Shenmue The Animation: Episode 2 - Daybreak - Thread

Really enjoyed that episode. Felt like the pacing was much better, and I’m tickled that they threw the Yamagishi-san park scene in there.
  3. TwiceFriedRice

My Anime List (MAL) - Rating

FWIW, there is a discussion thread on the first episode at the bottom of the page, and it’s mostly all glowing.
  4. TwiceFriedRice

Premiering February 5th 2022 + New Trailer

One thing I like about the English dub of the first game is how all of the characters voices sound natural. Like, that’s the voice I’d picture coming out of Shozo Muzuki, for instance, if he was a real person and fluent in English. Also, does anyone else find much of the English dub comforting...
  5. TwiceFriedRice

Premiering February 5th 2022 + New Trailer

“Hey! Are you ‘Real Husky’?”
  6. TwiceFriedRice

What do you expect to be retconned

I really don’t see a way to ignore the Mad Angels and Yellowheads and maintain the same continuity as the games.
  7. TwiceFriedRice

Random Shenmue Anime Thoughts

I’ve literally never watched a a single anime on my life. But, you’re higher than the messiah and his Bible if you think I’m not about to binge the shit out of this.
  8. TwiceFriedRice

First Time Playing Shenmue

Well, that would likely completely ruin the experience.
  9. TwiceFriedRice

First Time Playing Shenmue

Aren’t there musical issues on the console versions? That’s a pretty big issue.
  10. TwiceFriedRice

Shenmue IV Will Happen - Here's Why!

Come on, dude. We all know why he said what he said. It’s the same straw man argument that has been used ad nauseum against people who criticize the game since release. Someone dares not blindly praise Yu Suzuki, so they have to justify why someone has a dissenting opinion by whichever means...
  11. TwiceFriedRice

Wrong. I don't have to quantify my comment, because it was referring to an attack on me and people who share my opinion. I don't have to quantify anything because "people who didn't like the game had unrealistic expectations" is objectively false. The only "drive-by" posting happening is from...
  12. TwiceFriedRice

I think you're just wrong here.
  13. TwiceFriedRice

So wrong and presumptive on so many levels.
  14. TwiceFriedRice

I must’ve missed all of the “wow” moments in 3.
Back