Recent content by Upper Dave

1. Upper Dave

70 Man Battle for 26 Hours - For the Cats!

On Feb 6th, 9am GMT I'll be playing Shenmue's 70 man battle mode for 1 day, 2 hours, 3 minutes and 4 seconds to raise money for...
  2. Upper Dave

The Hazuki Legacy (2D fan game)

(Note: yep it's been pointed out that I've got the first character wrong here. Will fix soon!) What is the Hazuki Legacy? The Hazuki Legacy is what happens when one person makes a 2D Shenmue spin off game using assets from the original games and keeps it as faithful as possible to the spirit...
  3. Upper Dave

Shenmunity / Wudecon Help (Good Cause)

Hi again. So since we last talked I've been able to start rigging the characters on my own and creating animations. Only one small issue left: I can't find all of the characters in the extracted files. Specifically I'm looking for Ichiro. If you can help me work out where to find him, I'm...
  4. Upper Dave

Oh I totally understand. You're working some damn magic over here. I would absolutely love it if you could send me the rigged characters. That would save me so much time, and I'm making so much progress with the game in all other areas.
  5. Upper Dave

Thanks so much! I got Wudecon working and I can now open character models on Blender etc. However, I was under the impression Wudecon keeps the character bone rigging like Shenmunity does? Was I wrong in that assumption?
  6. Upper Dave

Hi! I'm trying to make a 2D RPG / adventure game set in the Shenmue world, and I really could use access to the game models. I've tried following all the available instructions (which are limited) for the abovementioned utilities, but I'm not sure where I'm going wrong with them. If somebody...
  7. Upper Dave

Shenmue Portrait Generator

Not entirely a mod, but something along those lines. I want to work on a Shenmue character portrait generator, which uses javascript to mix and match tons of character features to create your own downloadable 2D portrait in the style of Shenmue characters. I have a question that is a long...
  8. Upper Dave

Higher res texture mods possible (example photo)

The denim jacket makes me want to make Goro's outfit for Ryo.
  9. Upper Dave

I'm really impressed with the deep learning upscales. The NPC faces look like they could use a little extra touching up, but the other images are looking really nice. Is there any deep learning software that could do something similar for the soundtrack? Unrelated note: I got all set up ready...
  10. Upper Dave

Shenmunity - Shenmue in Unity

This will give me wet dreams. And not because Nozomi is in the scene, just because I'm a nerd. So does it copy the bones and similar into Unity when it loads scenes and characters directly? I feel sure the answer must be no?
  11. Upper Dave

[PC]WIP Texture Mod Pack

I dunno, I personally prefer the brands they made up for the game. I would love to see the art for those cans re-done slightly.
  12. Upper Dave

What's the maximum resolution I should be using, if I'm modding the face textures? Or if that's too broad an answer, what's the maximum scope I should increase by? 50%? 100%? I can probably test them out after, but it helps to know the max that's working right now. Related question: any new...
  13. Upper Dave

Shenmue I Re-Release 16:9 Cutscenes Fix

I love you for making this possible. I'll be using this for a playthrough when the retexture mod comes gets done.
  14. Upper Dave

I'm very interested in joining in with a group project to improve all the textures from both games. If a team is ever put together for this purpose, give me a poke. I feel pretty confident in improving the textures of character faces, especially, as i'm a portrait artist and good with Photoshop.
Back