Recent content by VagrantDuck

1. VagrantDuck

Shenmue 4 2.5D Project.

Still kinda amazing to me how we have all this official artwork of the series for characters/events that are faaaaaar into the future beyond 2 or even 3.
  2. VagrantDuck

What is your least favourite part in both games?

It's been too long since a Shenmue 2 replay so I'll have to come back to that. Possibly the Command QTEs? Regular QTEs are good for letting the cutscenes flow while feeling like you're participating, but Command QTEs just break a cutscene in its tracks and takes you out of the moment. But in...
  3. VagrantDuck

Shenmue 4 2.5D Project.

Loving the art! Shen Hua's headdress looks especially intricate and lovely. Beautifully rendered. Ryo looks a little scary, like a villain in a shounen anime or the frontman of a visual kei band! It's the eyes...!
  4. VagrantDuck

Shenmue 4 2.5D Project.

So I got a chance to play this now. I don't want to be too critical as it's clearly in an early state, but you have asked for feedback so here are my observations: There is far much of a delay between hitting attack and the attack animation happening. It should feel "instant", with the time...
  5. VagrantDuck

(Shenmue I) Difference between moves at intermediate and max?

Aaaand that's every non-throw move raised to intermediate! Date is Dec 13 and I'm at the very end of what would be Disc 1 (literally could hop on the bus to track down Warehouse No. 8 now but I still need to do the final Enoki fight behind Wakaba Apartments) Can finally set my training focus to...
  6. VagrantDuck

Great write up and thank you for your service in investigating. I think this confirms my mindset that a “100%” playthrough should just for sanity’s sake be intermediate alone. A theoretical ~5% damage output increase is not worth the grind. I’d be very interested in your thoughts on which...
  7. VagrantDuck

I've been trying to find this information for literal years but now that I'm attempting a 100% (or near enough) playthrough for the first time ever it has become slightly more urgent. I understand the benefit of getting your moves to intermediate: they come out quicker, there's less recovery...
  8. VagrantDuck

New Member Introductions

Hi everyone! Been an occasional Dojo lurker over the years (even signed up in 2020 for reasons I can't remember) but recently started an attempt at a 100% complete Shenmue I (HD) playthrough so I've become wanting to get involved in a likeminded community. Currently reliving memories of putting...
Back