Recent content by Valascaziel

1. Valascaziel

Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

The fact that Sega, even in 2024 still lends credence to the series even in this format gived me a small bit of hope.
  2. Valascaziel

Most likely going to be Virtua Fighter VI, which I'm assuming they've pulled Yu in to assist if true. If Ryo is a special guest character, I guess we can keep our hope alive? Lol
  3. Valascaziel

There's a thing being sent to people in the fighting game community from SEGA in regards to TGAs(or this week, not sure) Maybe the sequel Yu was talking about was Virtua Fighter 6.
  4. Valascaziel

Shenmue IV Will Happen - Here's Why!

We're starting to see a shift away from this whole Games as a Service thing. There's beginning to be quite a bit of backlash when it comes to the way games are made. It's still all about money, but there's a very real reason Sony, Larian, Remedy, etc are finding more success with strong single...
  5. Valascaziel

No, they likely won't. Not one studio they've ever bought has turned things around. Many have simply vanished into obscurity. Bethesda turned out a stinker in Redfall, Starfield was good but not GOTY material, the Hellblade people haven't even gotten their sequel out the door, Rare used to be...
  6. Valascaziel

IGN: Yu Suzuki Talks Shenmue 4, Air Twister, and 40 Years of Game Development

I'd hope they would be smarter in their choice of reviving IPs(Shenmue included)--so many games with potential and some have already been successful like Streets of Rage IV. GaaS is a fool's errand and currently a reason games are struggling and backlash is happening. Suicide Squad reception...
  7. Valascaziel

IGN: Yu Suzuki Talks Shenmue 4, Air Twister, and 40 Years of Game Development

Shenmue 0? Interesting concept, but I'm more keen on seeing Ryo's journey come to a conclusion. There's potential there, but I haven't seen a real "0" style game since Resident Evil, which was fairly goof. Shenmue IV is where it's at and with the right development and refinement, it could end...
  8. Valascaziel

M$ is too busy hiking prices of things in various places to make up for that $69B acquisition lately it seems from what I've read.
  9. Valascaziel

I *do* think A.I. has a lot of potential when it comes to finding new ways to process more advanced graphical techniques, such as raytracing. I think it could be a real boon in both enabling new systems like PS6 to be far more powerful or graphical engines to do things more efficiently.
  10. Valascaziel

I think we're a ways from A.I. being used to create things in gaming, but not that far off. The implications of A.I. are staggering, not to mention quite scary. It has the potential to destroy the lives of those who make their livings providing voices. There will need to be rules and...
  11. Valascaziel

You've already asked this?
  12. Valascaziel

I mean, the likelihood that he'd choose to do something else in(arguably) his twilight years to do anything *other* than finish his beloved series is astronomically remote, imo. I'm relatively certain it's Shenmue IV, the question is when we'll see it.
  13. Valascaziel

Shenmue 4 leak audio review trailer

I don't think this leakers ruse had the reaction he hoped for, so I doubt we'll see anything else. Of course, there is the possibility(albeit now remote) that it could be something tangible, in which case we'll just have to accept the egg on our faces.
  14. Valascaziel

Yeah, but I'd think it would still be up. But it isn't--weirdly brief time to keep the hoax up.
  15. Valascaziel

That's still an egregious amount of effort for the ol' "15 minutes of fame".
Back