Recent content by Vega

1. V

Random Shenmue Thoughts

It's an optical drive emulator for the Dreamcast, Saturn, and PS1. Lets me play any Dreamcast game I want on an SD card but you can also use a hard drive with it. The one part I don't like is how the SD slot is in a cramped spot so I have to take the thing out every time I want to reorganize...
  2. V

Random Shenmue Thoughts

Oh wow, I never knew that Liu actually explains the meaning of the "Father's Heaven" code to you if you talk to him after talking to Master Chen. I swear every time I play this game I find at least one or two small new things I haven't seen before. I know the feeling. I actually had my disc...
  3. V

Random Shenmue Thoughts

Very true. Now I'm wondering if I ended up missing the scenes with Mai at the harbor because this time when I started Disc 2 the time was more in the evening and the scene didn't trigger when I went by the lunch stand while searching for the warehouse. At least missing a move isn't too bad, I...
  4. V

Random Shenmue Thoughts

Wow, I've played these games numerous times over the years and somehow I almost forgot to get the Double Blow. Read in another post that you can still get it after finding the sailors so hopefully I can still get it. Also ended up missing that little side thing where you help the old lady find...
  5. V

Shenmue 3 FREE on Epic Game Store 16/12/21 - 17/12/21

Anyone else having trouble claiming the free copy? I got an error page the first time and then a "we couldn't process your order" error on my next attempt. Other than that, looking forward to playing this version on my TV at some point so I can see how the environments look in native 4K...
  6. V

Unreleased Shenmue II US Dreamcast Prototype

Anyone know if it's possible to import saves from the US version of Shenmue 1 into this? I was thinking it'd be pretty neat if a patch could add in the finished translation to give us the closest thing to a retail US Dreamcast version of Shenmue 2! That way if someone plays the NTSC version of...
  7. V

The Fatal Flaw of Shenmue 1 HD

Wasn't area jump an option in the Dreamcast version as well? I vaguely remember something like that in the game options but it was off by default and I never used it.
  8. V

2021 New Releases: What Are You Excited For?

Doom Eternal Ancient Gods Part 2, Resident Evil 8, Lone Echo 2, FF7 Remake PS5 (I'll be playing the free upgrade of this but I'll probably grab the DLC too), Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4, BOTW 2, Horizon 2.
  9. V

Shenmue III - What Happened? ft. Super Eyepatch Wolf

I agree 100 percent on that. Years ago I never even wanted to touch a single Yakuza game cause the Shenmue comparisons gave me very unrealistic expectations going in but after a friend of mine convinced me to get Yakuza 0 for 20 bucks I started to appreciate and enjoy both on their own merits...
  10. V

Shenmue III - What Happened? ft. Super Eyepatch Wolf

That's what really drives me nuts. I don't have an opinion for or against most youtube critics including this one but what I really can't stand are their fanbases that seem to get really over the top and seemingly offended that someone can actually find positive things to say about something...
  11. V

A Year Of Reflection

Really surreal to think it's been a year since the game came out. To make a long story short I went from being extremely hyped at the 2015 announcement, to occasionally thinking about it, to losing my hype after one particular trailer (was the same trailer that has the Epic Game Store...
  12. V

Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Where did you hear this in the game? I probably missed something... (I also had that theme on repeat when the kickstarter was first announced)
  13. V

Tokens > Money? ( Gambling tips)

You can exchange your tokens for gems and then sell those gems at a pawn shop for money. I went for the most expensive gems when possible.
  14. V

WOOD CHOPPING THREAD

Usually when I did the wood chopping I got around... close to 100 or so if I did good. Couldn't quite get the perfect timing for excellent rating though! Addictive...
  15. V

Impressions on the plot and the ending (only read if you finished the game)

I just finished the game earlier, maybe I'm crazy but I did like the ending even though the final area of the game felt really strange in spots (especially that oddly placed side quest, and I also wish we would have gotten the prophecy reveal that previous statements stated would happen in this...
Back