Recent content by wataro

1. wataro

Shenmue, Shenmu, シェンムー、神木 (divine tree)(Shenmue)

After searching for Digital Jungle on the NHK Japan archives ended up going down a massive rabbit hole after seeing this program note 世界の名峰 グレートサミッツ「巨樹を育む大渓谷 台湾最高峰・玉山」 -Great Summits of World Famous Mountains, Through valleys and great trees, Taiwan's highest peak Yokuzan...
  2. wataro

Interview with Singer of Shenhua's Theme IOLI

Couldnt even find her first name, she really disappeared off the internet after 2003 and that random gravure DVD it seems If only she knew there is a rabid international fanbase waiting to quiz her every moment of working on Shenmue!
  3. wataro

Many Mysteries Of Miao Village Finally Unfold

Can you share the OUTSIDE of them :LOL: On a serious note though, Is the NDA with Sega or YSnet ?
  4. wataro

Many Mysteries Of Miao Village Finally Unfold

Thanks for the compilation @Switch, with the images and characters its easy to understand , looking forward to part 2! Thanks to this thread, I feel like I have played Miao village firsthand I guess the next revelations could be from the 10k backer scripts (if they ever got delivered?) It...
  5. wataro

Obscure Nozomi phone conversations

You could perhaps use the Shenmue Scripts to find the event pointer or event number associated with the dialogue and ask in the dev discord and someone who knows the code may be able to link up the event id from the dialogue script and the in game event now that progress has been made with...
  6. wataro

IGN Japan (Real)Dobuita Walk and Talk with Yu Suzuki

To celebrate the Yokosuka animation project and as seen in the Shenmue 'Sacred Spot' guide map that showcases the real life Dobuita in Japan Yu Suzuki and IGN Japan's Esra Krabbe take a walk around some of the places featured on (a slightly different) map and enjoy talking about the development...
  7. wataro

Did you know? Shenmue Edition

Did you know... We already have a did you know :LOL: https://www.shenmuedojo.com/forum/index.php?threads/did-you-know-shenmue-edition.189/
  8. wataro

SHENMUE II APRIL 11TH, 2001 PROTOTYPE SOLD ON YAHOO AUCTION

seems to coinside with this gamejam article from march 14th 2001 reported as 80% complete 新情報がゾクゾク発表されたメインステージ hopefully it made it to the right persons hands, good to see this stuff coming out the depths in this lifetime
  9. wataro

Quite how much dialogue is in this game...

i did This the other day, the game dialogue is in no order but you can get them from this post Post in thread 'Scripts for Shenmue 1 and 2' https://www.shenmuedojo.com/forum/index.php?threads/scripts-for-shenmue-1-and-2.3953/post-128862
  10. wataro

Quite how much dialogue is in this game...

There is approximately 25,000 lines of dialogue in Shenmue 1 But Shenmue 2 has
  11. wataro

Ryo Hazuki's White Timex Watch

I prefer the white version ! Never knew about this so thanks for sharing, its a wonder why they chose foreign brands over Japanese for tie in's considering how many big watch makers there are, Casio, Seiko, citizen Same with coca cola rather than Sapporo, kirin, suntory for the vending machine...
  12. wataro

What is this b*11$h1t with the post-story game?!

Yu Suzuki literally does not play games, you should see him trying to play Shenmue at GDC2000, even messes up and uses the quick jump feature instead of going to the garden lol I see you are new to the FREE genre of Shenmue, the correct way to play is to use the L/R trigger to walk run and...
  13. wataro

Subtitles for Shenmue 1 and 2

Thank you for the tip, I have followed the thread and extracted the English and Japanese subs and converted them to .csv, I will attach them to this post for future reference and anyone who wants them, as a Linux user it was a pain to boot up a windows VM, install steam, download the game...
  14. wataro

Subtitles for Shenmue 1 and 2

Does anyone have the script for Shenmue 2, specifically the Japanese one, but I can use the English one too if you have it handy. It seems there was an excel localization file left in the first steam release, discovered by Kirino_Matsuyama in this thread...
  15. wataro

Unused Inventory Icons Discovered in What's Shenmue

looks abit like the key from the project berkely video at 9min
Back