Recent content by we420

1. we420

Would you take a 'dumbed-down' Shenmue 4 over the alternative?

This is what I want. I know it may be blasphemous but I just want the Yakuza team to make Shenmue. Looking at Judgement, they could still incorporate the investigative elements of Shenmue with no problem
  2. we420

How to 'modernize' Shenmue IV without losing the essence of Shenmue?

I would like the voice acting to be better. I know bad voice acting is part of Shenmue's charm but at this point, it's just not doing the game any favors. The story would feel much more impactful if the voice acting was better.
  3. we420

Will you ever go back to play Shenmue 1&2 again?

Yes, I usually playthrough Shenmue 1&2's once a year or so, but I'm regularly on 2's Shenmue Collection to do the fights with Greg, Rod, Chunyan and Baihu, the combat is just too damn fun on 2.
  4. we420

Potential Shenmue 3 Retcons?

This is honestly one of my biggest worries. I'll be highly upset if Lan Di is the only leader now. Ziming Hong definitely isn't cut though, if you look at the Yin-yang half that Xiuying gives Ryo, it says the other half is in her brother's possession, so I'm sure he'll show up. I also really...
  5. we420

Need help locating these items

Delish Dumplings chobu chan is on the left table behind the dumplings, you have to go to the left side of the stall and look through the window. Liquor Heaven is next to the gate connecting Senary Road and Blossom Road. The chobu chan is in the back left corner of the store, right next to the...
  6. we420

What do we know about the DLC?

My hope is that the story dlc takes place right after the castle but before they leave on the boat. Maybe Ryo talks to Zhang about what happened and he tells him who Niao Sun is and that there are more Chi You Men leaders. I'm gonna temper my expectations though, it could be nothing major in...
  7. we420

[Spoilers] DLC Fight

Wait, is that slow mo dodge a new mechanic in the dlc? Or is that possible to do already
  8. we420

Choubu-Chan Discussion and Help Thread

Delish Dumplings had me stuck too for awhile, it's on the left table behind the dumplings, you need to look at through the left window.
  9. we420

Impressions on the plot and the ending (only read if you finished the game)

I was really hoping we'd meet Ziming in this. I also find it hilarious that Ryo get his ass kicked, nearly killed and a day later is still like "I WILL avenge my father!"
  10. we420

Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Damn. Yeah they bounce way too much.
  11. we420

Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Is it just me or are the lucky hit stands way more brutal in this game
  12. we420

Discovering New Things? Small Details You've Noticed This Time Around?

Currently playing Shenmue 2 right now and I just noticed if you hold O/B you can fully rotate the camera around Ryo if you use the left analog stick. Is this something they added to the re-release or has this always been a thing?
  13. we420

Discovering New Things? Small Details You've Noticed This Time Around?

I encountered this scene on my recent playthrough too. Also, I'm pretty sure that's the only time we've ever seen the notebook in-game outside of pressing X/Square to look at it.
  14. we420

Are there any “young” gamers on here?

I'm 22 and I've loved Shenmue ever since I can remember. My oldest brother had the game when I was around 4-5 or so. I'm pretty sure I had little to no idea what was going on when I first played but I knew the game was fun. Shenmue, along with Jet Set Radio were the first games I've ever played...
Back