Recent content by Wolfghosts

1. Wolfghosts

Ryo is the best worst Martial Artist of all time

I mean it was there at the start, but outside of the end of the second game and the visual demos is there anything else mystical in the games that I'm missing? I feel like a lot of it can be written off and worked out as metaphors
  2. Wolfghosts

I know it's there but I'd disagree, we're moving away from magic Kung Fu which the series should since it hasn't really been about that in the half series we have so far outside of conversation ans the end of 2, if they do include it it'll have extremely forced elements at this point. I feel...
  3. Wolfghosts

With the masters I felt like the Masters in 1&2 had purpose and taught him lessons that evolved his character (I feel like we could have stretched the 4 wude over 3 games and really had them used as Ryo's growth arc) in 3 they were replaced with you need this one move and eh itd be cool if you...
  4. Wolfghosts

That's how I feel, its a Martial Arts Epic that is supposed to follow the hero's journey and there is this intense lull when by this point he doesn't have to be demolishing people but also nearly half way into the story we should have no doubts about his abilities against anyone but Lan Di or...
  5. Wolfghosts

I understand that gap, but there are better ways to handle a reintroduction to the series and getting up to speed with the combat system than making a good martial artist suddenly ineffectual in the plot except (flashback fights for backstory and logical time frame), then there are also the...
  6. Wolfghosts

At What Point Does Ryo.. Evolve?

This is the exact point I got into in my thread "Ryo is the best worst martial artist ever" the flow of the plot both devalues his ability when it's convenient and overly compensates when it's not.
  7. Wolfghosts

Shenmue Generics (Real Life Products)

Starting off with the two instruments I picked out of Shenmue 3- Electric Guitar = ESP E-II Eclipse Electric Bass = B Series ESP/LTD Bass
  8. Wolfghosts

I rewatched the clips to checo and while it is true when she first meets Ryo, she says he is unrefined and exerts too much energy, stopping him with the pressure point move, but that is prior too all the lessons he's learned during his time in Wan Chai. When he leaves for Guilin she is more...
  9. Wolfghosts

Well the fact that Mario dies the second anything touches him unless he's high out of his mind on mushrooms or wearing his fursuit in public (gross) is a little bit different than measuring martial ability in a game that leans towards the more realistic side lol.
  10. Wolfghosts

It wasn't so much that Ryo loses to the masters but that he can't even lay a hit on them and they just block or dodge everything without being phased in the slightest, and that I don't enjoy the game letting you win fights only to have the cut scenes have Ryo lose and you most certainly can...
  11. Wolfghosts

That actually wasn't my point at all, and I feel I've elaborated it clearly that my issue is the ways in which the series flip flops on his abilities. There's no basis to say that anyone he fought in numbers in China are any better than the multitude of thugs he fought before leaving Japan...
  12. Wolfghosts

The thing is, he's really finding those tougher gangsters in rural china? It doesn't add up to me. Now with total number of fights and the time frame there's actually a significant amount realistically S1 had the least amount of fights but this is ramped up with his street fighting and...
  13. Wolfghosts

Well if we go by the recap movie that comes along with Shenmue II, Ryo loses the initial fight to Chai so thats what Im going n even though Ive won it on numerous occasions. As for him losing to the Heavens that's my point that the series has little consistency he's either awesome, or he sucks...
  14. Wolfghosts

That's inaccurate though, in S1 Ryo is shown in his competency having fought and defeated what 5+ of the sailors who would no doubt be about level with the Mad Angels, they're a brute gang not a refined one. He's also shown to be at level with Gui Zhang in spite of his rashness the ability is...
  15. Wolfghosts

New Member Introductions

Hey everyone, I'm Anthony from New York, was a long time ghost on the old forums (had maybe 4 posts total) and I've been a real mf'ing OG who's been down with the game since day one! Or realistically since Christmas in 00' following it and news on it ever since looking forward to posting more.
Back