Recent content by Your Boy Leroy

1. Your Boy Leroy

General RGG Discussion

Finally beat the game last night. I liked it enough, WAY more than Y7. Seriously, Y8’s presentation is such a vast improvement that I can’t imagine going back and sitting through Y7’s story again. Graphics I thought were generally good and probably the best (technically) the series has looked...
  2. Your Boy Leroy

General RGG Discussion

See, I don’t even remember how much time I spent in Yokohama. They did a great job at making Hawaii really feel like a different location all together. Being back in Japan now in chapter 8 feels like home.
  3. Your Boy Leroy

General RGG Discussion

I just started chapter 8 a few days ago. Honestly, after spending so much time in Hawaii I almost completely forgot that the game starts in Yokohama for a chapter or so. Someone mentioned Ebina a few posts ago and I didn’t even know who that was until I had an “Oh yeah” moment after Googling the...
  4. Your Boy Leroy

General RGG Discussion

Yeah, I had to stop after getting my second star.
  5. Your Boy Leroy

General RGG Discussion

Man, they really couldn’t give Bryce Fairchild an English voice actor on the Japanese track when he actually speaks English…?
  6. Your Boy Leroy

General RGG Discussion

A patch was just released today I think. Notes say fixes to specific things, and then at the bottom they stated various stability fixes. So we’ll see how the performance is affected.
  7. Your Boy Leroy

What Movie Are You Watching?

What I’ve noticed, mostly for Hong Kong action films, is the increase in the use of music during their action scenes over the years. I bring this up because New Police Story was mentioned earlier in this thread. I remember being in college when that came out and being so hyped for it. I got my...
  8. Your Boy Leroy

General RGG Discussion

Sorry. I’m done complaining about this. I’ll just enjoy now.
  9. Your Boy Leroy

General RGG Discussion

I think those types of vignette/flashbacks are fine. Those feel more like a stylistic choice, which I respect. It just feels with these latest entries, there’s a whole lot of dialogue that feels like padding. Add the poor and lazy presentation of that dialogue and you just have something that’s...
  10. Your Boy Leroy

General RGG Discussion

Yeah, I haven’t run into any of those visual novel-style cutscenes yet. I honestly didn’t mind them too much in both Y7 and Lost Judgement, but only if they were used for side stories or, in Y7’s case, little inserts during battles. However, it makes absolutely no fucking sense to me why RGG...
  11. Your Boy Leroy

General RGG Discussion

Y8’s presentation is a drastic improvement over Y7. The story is so much more engaging now, and sometimes it’s even a little hard to tell the difference between in-game cutscenes (which I’ve bitched about plenty of times with Y7) and the full-blown cutscenes. And all it takes is just a bit more...
  12. Your Boy Leroy

General RGG Discussion

If that is the case (which as extreme a perspective as it is, isn’t totally unlikely), then just give me Kiwami remakes of Y3-Y5. Then the new fans can have whatever the fuck the series is moving forward.
  13. Your Boy Leroy

What did you think of Face/Off?

This is what I originally thought the thread was referring to. I love that movie.
  14. Your Boy Leroy

General RGG Discussion

Yeah, don’t go into Ishin expecting a “new” game. I didn’t and I was still frustrated/put off by it, and I even played the PS3 original. It was a beautiful game on PS3 and PS4, and I feel that if it were just a straight port to PS5 in the west (for $30 at most), I would’ve enjoyed it more. I’m...
  15. Your Boy Leroy

General RGG Discussion

My wife was sitting next to me playing with her phone while Gaiden’s ending played. I tried so hard not to tear up, otherwise I wouldn’t hear the end of it from her 😂 But yeah, between Y6’s ending, this one, and what we can expect for Kiryu’s story in Y8, his character finale will be a hell of...
Back