Recent content by ys.

1. ys.

110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

Some relevant songs. You can choose one according to your level of hope.
  2. ys.

Random Gaming Thoughts

Listening to the Skies of Arcadia soundtrack right now made me think about the fact that I kind of miss the Dreamcast/PS2 era. Sure, Shenmue has something to do with it but I enjoyed a lot that was released around that time. Metal Gear Solid-releases, Resident Evil stuff, Silent Hill, Killer 7...
  3. ys.

110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

The fact that it is in suspended animation again is what I suspected/feared when it got released. Or even before when I saw the media reactions. The animated series seemed to do well and created more momentum which could have helped I think to ensure more games. But that momentum vanished when...
  4. ys.

How big should environments be?

Yu Suzuki talked about wanting to focus on denser environments for Shenmue 4 in this interview with IGN Japan (translation by forum member Switch). Instead of going for an open world as other games do he talks about navigating confined spaces and how that feels more immersive. I would also...
  5. ys.

Did the original Shenmue III that was suppose to release in 2003 had more story?

No problem, I thought of that while I was reading the thread. It's interesting though that he talks about the story expanding enormously. I wonder how he meant that exactly? Yu Suzuki often talked about the story getting more internal in Shenmue 3. Maybe Ishikawa literally meant expanding when...
  6. ys.

Did the original Shenmue III that was suppose to release in 2003 had more story?

I don't know if the game back then would have had more story but I suspect that it might have been more streamlined and structured like the first two with more cutscenes. It's possible though that they considered making Shenmue 3 around that time...
  7. ys.

[RELEASE][Shenmue III] Eric Kelso As Ren & Paul Lucas as Lan Di

Thanks. I'm mostly trying out approaches and gear that I otherwise use for music and vocals. I tested a bit more today to see what could be done with a Lan Di recording. I didn't find all the music and have no sound effects. All voices are mixed again for coherence and got their own effects...
  8. ys.

I didn't stumble upon all the right files yet (missing voices/effects) but for fun I quickly tested a few things. I mixed each voice separately to remove some overly present tones (also in original ones). Slightly changed the music to make it feel a bit larger/more ominous in the mix while it...
  9. ys.

This is somewhat of a surprise and it's interesting that all these people want to participate too. By the way, is it possible to get a hold of the original audio files? When I heard the trailer I wanted to try out and compare a few things for myself.
  10. ys.

Bailu Village Secrets III is up on Phantom River Stone!

I didn't know about a few of these. For example the conversation about Kong Mei and her husband. Great, now I want to know what happened, ask Grandmaster Feng about his warnings, investigate if this is a coincidence or linked to Ryo's quest,... :P
  11. ys.

What song are you listening to right now?

This guy was one of my influences when I got more serious about practicing advanced guitar playing. I liked the fact that he combined musicality with the technical aspect. I always wondered by the way if your user name was linked to shredding. @OldFarT That Skeletonwitch song was different...
  12. ys.

New site owners, and a fond farewell...

I haven't logged in for a while and only saw this now. This is somewhat of a surprise. Anyway, see how it all develops first and maybe we'll see you later when things settle down. Good luck to the new owners.
  13. ys.

Movies that every Shenmue Fan Should watch during Quarantine

Just to name two examples. Tai Chi Master with Jet Li, Michelle Yeoh,... I liked the Shaolin Kung Fu vibe and how some of that philosophy is incorporated. I also liked the music which added to that feeling. From serene to fast paced during well done fighting scenes. At least in the Chinese...
  14. ys.

I fear Yu Suzuki has lost sight of what's essential here...

I was wondering if this one would show up :P I think that Yu was kind of forced to add Niaowu after the announcement. And as I've written before, there were quite a few people who said that they weren't interested in a Shenmue game without a city. So he likely tried to please both types of fans...
  15. ys.

Yu Suzuki Interview (IGN Japan): Reflections on S3, Plans for S4

Out of curiosity. Are the "external model" and "grow unbounded" parts necessary conditions? Doesn't "linear system" already imply a mathematical model? Doesn't "unstable system" imply at least 1 term tending to infinity? Anyway, I guess the argument against is that poles in the right half of the...
Back