Recent content by z.su1

1. Z

KS Update 91: Survey Info #5: Slacker Backer, Reward Upgrade/Add-on Campaign Reminder/Details

I wonder also if Yu can even spare time for at least one final AMA on Reddit before blasting through 9 straight months of work, but maybe that's asking for way too much at this point, dev should be top priority.
  2. Z

Any word on the when the console patch (XB1 & PS4) is coming?

LOL! Wha-...oh man oh man, I wish Shenmue Potato Chips were real, 'cuz I'd wanna munch on a few bags of those while pondering this statement over and over. Look, I'm not one for forum drama, and it's your forum ultimately, but that's just a ridiculous statement to make. I can understand not...
  3. Z

Guys...? A chance to Influence what we see @ Magic2019...

Do a new trailer in this style, maybe even with this music!! Does anyone remember when this AWESOME trailer for the Dreamcast Shenmue 2 dropped? To date, imo, it's still the best trailer for the Shenmue fans, it was exciting and filled me with wonder.
  4. Z

Beating 70 Man Battle with just 2 buttons, Parry & Throw (No D-pad input)

Potentially unpopular opinion, but I just want QTEs gone from S3 altogether. They are disruptive and break the flow of battles and cutscenes alike, they are not challenging in the fun sense and they punish players trying to enjoy the story, the very antithesis of what Yu was trying to go for...
  5. Z

General Shenmue & Shenmue II talk

Well, it's not that the dodge in S1 didn't do anything, you still duck and parry with it, it's just that the slow pace of the combat made it feel more technical and useless sometimes. I MUCH prefer the pace of S2's combat, it feels more responsive and the opponents feel more 1:1 with your...
  6. Z

Shenmue I & II Issues & Bugs Thread: Shenmue Dojo Part 1

Oh, You were clear. I just sarcastically popped the question is all. The laundry list of glitches just seems to get bigger and bigger each passing moment, hell, maybe even insurmountable for d3t. Between that and all the drama of the Shenmue community (I generally don't do forum drama), no...
  7. Z

Shenmue HD reviews and discussion

The full Arm Break Fire is "Forward, Back, Back+Circle, X, X+Square", in that exact order one right after the other. You gotta press it all really quick, fast kinda like Akuma's Raging Demon, and in front or to the side-ish of the opponent. I find that it's best to execute this move after...
  8. Z

Shenmue HD reviews and discussion

I was able to do it just fine, hell, even better in Shenmue 2 than in 1. Going back and playing Shenmue 1, I never noticed how SLOW the combat was and how off the hit boxes actually were compared to 2. In 2, the combat was more fast-paced and the hit boxes felt better for some reason, and...
Back