Recent content by Zoyous

1. Zoyous

Shenmue IV Will Happen - Here's Why!

A bit harshly phrased! You are the one staffer here I've noticed who consistently crosses the line into being straight up rude to members. Why not take a break until you can discuss things in a more chill way. Aside from that, I don't really disagree with most of your assessment. However...
  2. Zoyous

General Air Twister Talk

Do you prefer to target with the right thumbstick or the touchscreen?
  3. Zoyous

What are you going to get started about? The fact that he can budget and scope games to bring them to completion on time and make them profitable? So it's somehow unfair that he got to keep doing that?
  4. Zoyous

I'd be one of those people. It is a good idea to hand off those old IPs to designers who are passionate about them. It's really a consequence of Sega's spirit of creative freedom (whether or not you think that still exists at 2023 Sega) that their designers did not want to keep repeating...
  5. Zoyous

I don't like the Sega bashing. If not for Sega, there would be no Shenmue, first of all. Seems like a lot of people are down on Sega, but the sad truth is that Yu Suzuki wasn't scoping the project in a way where it would arrive at a finished product that could ever be released. Nagoshi had to...
  6. Zoyous

IGN: Yu Suzuki Talks Shenmue 4, Air Twister, and 40 Years of Game Development

Sorry, I know you didn't @ me, but you keep quoting this and I just want to point out -- in 2014 he really wasn't working on it. Yeah, he was reaching out to pitch it to publishers and then he was preparing for a Kickstarter. But all they had to present at the Kickstarter launch was that really...
  7. Zoyous

We could have Shenmue 4 for just $3,703 apiece!

I'm confident it's being worked on.
  8. Zoyous

We could have Shenmue 4 for just $3,703 apiece!

Is this directed at me? I think it's entirely reasonable to shift the primary focus of the story back to Cool Z! :grin:
  9. Zoyous

Liberal use of montages, I suppose. Like you get to certain points in the story and instead of playing the next six months of Ryo's day-to-day life, you see a cutscene or experience a short playable interlude explaining where he went and what sort of training he underwent.
  10. Zoyous

I just don't think Yu Suzuki is speaking in code or hinting this or that. When he said he didn't know why 110 Industries would be saying anything about Shenmue, that's just exactly what he meant. Essentially, 'they invited me to do an interview and that's what I did.' I just never got the apple...
  11. Zoyous

It's an arcade-style top-down 2D action game that also has long-term character development. In the moment to moment gameplay, you only control character movement as swarms of enemies approach you. Your attacks fire off automatically on their own rhythmic cadence, so you don't press a fire button...
  12. Zoyous

Western CE Announced at last

Whoa yeah, shipping for me turned out to be an additional $25. But overall I think it's still a nice assortment of items for the price. Looking forward to it!
  13. Zoyous

I don't have the link, but I recall when someone asked Yu Suzuki if he would prefer to end the story in Shenmue IV or V, he responded "Why not VI?" Clearly he has planned the story to be able to be scoped to whatever the budget will allow. However, one thing that we should consider is this...
  14. Zoyous

General Air Twister Talk

Turbo Mode looks like it'll be fun!
  15. Zoyous

Yu Suzuki Interview with 6th Axis

Thanks for linking! Also interesting to note that they mention the remake of Panzer Dragoon II Zwei is still in development by Forever Entertainment (unrelated to Yu Suzuki and YsNet, just related in the genre and the Sega connection).
Back