Fixes/improvements you want in next patches ?

I don't know if I'm posting this in the right thread but replaying Niaowu because of the DLC, it really got me thinking again about how much of a ghost town it feels like. And it occurred to me that I really wouldve been fine with much lower textured non-speaking NPCs if it meant we could've gotten more crowded streets in Niaowu. It certainly would've been very noticeable and perhaps distracting but to me the ambiance of crowded streets would've meant a lot more. I wonder, is there anyone else that feels this way also?

I don't know if I'm posting this in the right thread but replaying Niaowu because of the DLC, it really got me thinking again about how much of a ghost town it feels like. And it occurred to me that I really wouldve been fine with much lower textured non-speaking NPCs if it meant we could've gotten more crowded streets in Niaowu. It certainly would've been very noticeable and perhaps distracting but to me the ambiance of crowded streets would've meant a lot more. I wonder, is there anyone else that feels this way also?
Near the harb
Around the harbor area it definitely feels like ghost town lol. The rest of the city is not so bad imo.

Around the harbor area it definitely feels like ghost town lol. The rest of the city is not so bad imo.

Yeah. I do think Vendor ave feels right but that's because its very narrow so the 3 or 4 non speaking NPCs hanging around makes it look/feel busy. Alternatively it makes me think they could've narrowed the walkways throughout a large part of the city to present the illusion that streets are crowded.

Yeah. I do think Vendor ave feels right but that's because its very narrow so the 3 or 4 non speaking NPCs hanging around makes it look/feel busy. Alternatively it makes me think they could've narrowed the walkways throughout a large part of the city to present the illusion that streets are crowded.
Idk if this is the kind of stuff they can actually fix with an update or something. I would guess probably not. Would be great tho. Maybe if Shenmue 3 gets a ps5 port they can tweak some of that stuff then.

1) The bass guitar is facing down instead of up, you see the back instead of front.
2) Even when looking right at the capsule toy machine if you press the blue button you buy from the toy shop owner instead
3) Shouldn't the sign say "Cafe Muren" instead of "Cafe Moku Moku"?

Attachments

• 1-bass-back.png
    1-bass-back.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
  • 2-store-owner-instead-of-capsule.png
    2-store-owner-instead-of-capsule.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 20
  • 3-muren-or-moku.png
    3-muren-or-moku.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
I absolutely agree. It's the biggest negative about Niaowu. It feels like a museum, not a real town. There are also NPCs that sort of just stand in the same spot the entire day, though to be fair I'm sure this happened in the first two games. I'm specifically thinking about the two fish store guys. They're always just standing there in conversation. Do they ever work!?

The Edge Electronics owner Zhu Quoqing spawns below his store. This has always happened to me 99% of the time. Rarely is he in store.

Attachments

• shenmue3-edge-electronics-owner-below.png
    shenmue3-edge-electronics-owner-below.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 18
  • shenmue3-edge-electronics-store-no-owner.png
    shenmue3-edge-electronics-store-no-owner.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
I absolutely agree. It's the biggest negative about Niaowu. It feels like a museum, not a real town. There are also NPCs that sort of just stand in the same spot the entire day, though to be fair I'm sure this happened in the first two games. I'm specifically thinking about the two fish store guys. They're always just standing there in conversation. Do they ever work!?
Exactly, even Hsu and broom girl stand in the same place ALL DAY. There's a whole shrine to clean you think she'd move on to a new spot or after Hsu is done training, starting at 7pm or so, goes to the shrine on the hill or one of the many restaurants to eat because come on he looks like he likes sum dim sum.

Same with the dojo masters. They’re always just standing in the doorway...

Can we still expect an update with some fixes? Or did they basically wrap the development of 3 for good?

Most needed updates at least for PS4 are still frame rate, PS4pro mode, (shadow) draw distance, NPC pop-in, weird water reflections and to get rid of that damn 'Loading...' sign and option to disable big merry cruise ship from the menu.

I reckon we might get one more patch for the Steam/GOG release but that's stretching it.

Otherwise they're done I reckon

I reckon we might get one more patch for the Steam/GOG release but that's stretching it.

Otherwise they're done I reckon
Dang, I guess my guestbook edit won't make it into the game then:

"I came for the adventure,
but I stayed for the free apples."

Exactly, even Hsu and broom girl stand in the same place ALL DAY. There's a whole shrine to clean you think she'd move on to a new spot or after Hsu is done training, starting at 7pm or so, goes to the shrine on the hill or one of the many restaurants to eat because come on he looks like he likes sum dim sum.

Probably didn't have the time or budget to give them proper schedules.
But I agree, it's not very "Shenmue"-esque to have them not doing that sort of thing.

Give me a patch that fixes THE GODDAMN CLIPPING IN RYO'S JACKET WHEN HE WALKS.

This, along with bad running and stair-climbing animations are my biggest bugaboos in video games for some reason. The rest of the game can be total ass, but if it's got good walking, running, and stair-climbing animations, it's worth a look in my book.

Official word:
Further updates/remasters are not currently scheduled, but we cannot confirm at this time. Also regarding the Shenmue III on Steam/GOG (I asked if it will include all DLC, backer items) , we also cannot confirm release.

Sorry we cannot be of more help with your questions, but once we have further information, there will be official announcements, so we must kindly ask for patience in the meantime.

Best regards & stay safe,
Joel & the Shenmue III Team

Another glitch is the phone calls.
For "Telecom backers", the second exclusive convo has been swapped with what is supposed to be the first one. So it is kind of weird when calling twice in a row.
Instead of being 1st convo --> 2nd convo (exclusive), it is 2nd convo (exclusive) --> 1st convo.

I would like to be able to turn off everything with a Shenmue 3 reference, be it t-shirts, backer messages which mention Shenmue as a game which breaks immersion and also the political stuff removed entirely (tronald dump). I don't know if this was a brilliant idea from a dojo member, but for me there is no place for something like this in a Shenmue game.
The save shenmue building has to be ok I guess.

I would like to be able to turn off everything with a Shenmue 3 reference, be it t-shirts, backer messages which mention Shenmue as a game which breaks immersion and also the political stuff removed entirely (tronald dump). I don't know if this was a brilliant idea from a dojo member, but for me there is no place for something like this in a Shenmue game.
The save shenmue building has to be ok I guess.

That's going a bit far to say the least. Mentioning the current US president is hardly 'political' lmao.

Back